Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ugh, should I go home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, May 3, 2005.

?

Should I go home?

1. Be the good son, go home.

21 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. Stay at school and relax for the weekend, send flowers.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

For Mother's Day? My dad called me and gave me the guilt trip tone. Reminded me Mother's Day is this weekend. I am a bit of a Mama's boy and proud of it, but I really didn't want to go home this weekend. When I go home my whole life gets thrown off here at school. Since I don't cook at home I come back here and have no drive to cook. I don't get a chance to go food shopping so I have to go on a weekday. That and I always have the overwhelming feeling I'm gonna miss a great fun party(last time I went home I did) or something like that. But it is my mom, she doesn't get to see my much anymore, the Saturn gets decent mileage and runs well so no excuse there, and I should test her highway gas mileage....

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Means a lot to Mom!

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

go make brownie pointswith your old man!

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

You never know when you're gonna need to hit up the 'rents for a loan. Might as well butter 'em up.

Good Lord I'm cynical......

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Didn't your parents pay for Wyotech?
    You said you hardly see them, go drive and meet with your family for mothers day! What's more important...Your mom or parties?

Although I am kind of a "momma's boy" too...so this is just my opinion...

6. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

if option #2 was stay at school and party, i would have voted differntly :blush:

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

You never know what surprises life has in store for you. I know its a PITA, but bite the bullet and go make her day. Don't tell her though, just surprise her. Tell your dad, so he can make sure she's around when you show up. If you have a cell phone, set it up w/your dad so you show up w/flowers, ring the doorbell, and your dad has her answer the door.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Great idea Mike! I vote this!

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Mothers Day..Ugh....

Being a card carrying momma's boy myself(and hating every minite of it)--I'd say GO see her!--as much as I sometimes hate my mom for the way she treats me sometimes,I still cant stand the thought of losing her!--I feel bad not having the money to get her a decent gift for her birthday,Xmas,mothers day,etc--but when I need money she is always willing to help ME out(though I refuse it 90% of the time due to the fact I get reminded of her generosity for the rest of my life!-plus she cant really afford to,living on social security..)..

..She has been asking my neice about Mothers day,she is the one who usually has the get-togethers at her house--so far,nothing has been planned,and though she has not said anything,I know its hurting her feelings,especially since she isn't well and might not be here for next years mothers day...your mother is probably much younger than mine,but remember this--ALL of us can leave this earth at any moment!--so get in your saturn and GO!--and give her a hug for me when you get there--you only have ONE Mother,so love her while she's here!....OK--sermon over... :crazy:

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go see your parents. Cook for mom so she doesn't have too.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Go see your mom... Or my posse will be paying you a visit early Monday morning... Remember the Mr. T. video? Wait, that wasn't posted here... hold on...

EDIT: OH wait a minute! the video WAS posted here.... By YOU!!!!!

http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135039 :D :cool1:

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Mr. T = F*cking groovy.

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My mother is a veritable psycho. Take it from a guy that wishes he had a real realtionship with his parents- go see your mom. The effort you put into visiting her on her special day is the best gift you can give her- she will appreciate your presence far more than a bunch of flowers and a card.

You have the rest of the year to party.........

14. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Unless your Mom is a complete, total and utter flake like my "Mother in Law" :mad: I don't understand why you're even asking this question. I drop absolutely everything I'm doing if my parents ask. It's a no brainer.

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah get your ass home, no questions.

16. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

#5 of the Ten Commandments
    V. Honour thy father and thy mother.

BTW who is paying for school?

You got your whole life to party. Times getting short for Ma and Pa

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Do what you know is right Mandic...go home and make yer Ma happy! :)

Rene

18. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

What he said! Mothers' Day is about appreciating your mother and showing her that you love her and appreciate all she has done for you. That being said, my mom is a royal pain in the ass, but as years go by and I see the years showing on her face, I realize that even tho I want to choke her sometimes:whistle:, I'm gonna miss her like crazy when she's not around anymore!! Not wanting to (making excuses why you can't/shouldn't/whatever) go see her is just being selfish. It's not about what you want, it's about your mom so go see her! :)

19. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Go see your mom... and while you are home... if it's not to much trouble, go see Tshy's mom too... just stop in and say hi to be a nice guy, and be on your way... (if you have that type of relationship with her mom...)

Anyway, your mom should get more visits... and you should cook for her at least once a month... I make it a point to bring food along to cook when I go to my parent's house... makes it easier on them, and I'm sure I'll get good food that way. =)

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

That is awesome. You are the first person on CK5 to call me by my last name. In "real life" I mostly go by it.

I am going home. I was thinking about doing the surprise her thing, but I'm gonna call ahead and have her make a reservation for dinner on Saturday. When I still lived at home we'd go out to dinner just the two of us every other week so thats what I want to do. Dad should be racing and my sister, well she'll be somewhere else.