Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ugh, what I am reduced to for meeting a girl...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 4, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Tonight is HipHop/Dance night at the one club in the next town up. Some chick on MySpace invited me to meet her and her friends up there. I snagged one of my buddy's and am going to head up. I'm gonna be surrounded by wiggers and little ghetto bitches I just know it. Then again, its 18 to get in so it could just be a big meat market... I will never look more out of place than I will tonight with my Mudvayne shirt and jeans split at the bottom over my work boots... And I shouldn't be spending the money since I have no job and I have to be up for work at 5am(work for my dad until I get a job, and don't get paid).

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oooh it is College night... NO hiphop, but Dance music I guess. Hey whatever.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How can you wear work boots all the time? Maybe I am a wussy but they feel uncomfortable, especially while dancing I'd bet.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Dancing? :saweet:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

he's going to meet a strange chick, and internet chick at that. no need to dress up. plus, good quality work boots can be very comfortable.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

My Danner's are about the most comfortable pair of shoes I have.

Hyjack over

Good luck

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think I'd take a shank before I'd go to a club. I'm that good at dancing.:doah:

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hijack back on
    I love my redwing steel toes or caterpiller work boots, i do live in em.
    Hijack off

have fun sled dog

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

WUSS!!!!! I wear my steel toes everyday......Only time I dont is if Im running (rare, yes I know Im fat & need to run), cause my 15EEEE steeltoes(:eek1: ) are too heavy to run any distance in.

I need to get em resoled. $150 Redwings are too expensive to throw away after 1 set of soles.

O yeh, and sled, its rare Im not wearing work boots, ratty, grease stained jeans, and a warco (construction company I work for) t-shirt. Regardless of what Im doing.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've worn on pair of chain store steel toes for 18 months everyday

I'm too scared to go back to regular anything on steel toed, because I know I'mma try and catch somethign with my foot and crush it

11. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Wear steel toed every day at work got two sets of military issue steel toe and one set of regular military boots modified for steel toe (Corocan jump boots with a steel toe insert... ::very:: comfortable in the summer, not to mention a steel plate in the sole), longest I've ever worn a set of boots was 32 hours :)

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Good luck sled, let us know how it goes. :waytogo:

Carve a CK5 logo into your boot sole, and stomp some asshole's forehead with it!

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wear steel toes everyday. I have 2 pairs. A pair of $20 walmart ones and a pair of $100 Wolverines. I like the Walmart ones WAY better. They are more comfortable, heavier(I like weight on my feet, don't care to feel like I'm wearing nothing), and I can throw them away and not feel bad. The Wolverines, they WERE a nice black finish. Which is the only thing I like about them. They are shorter(in the ankle/calf area), which means jeans sit on top of them more often and expose my legs more often. They are lighter(not TOO light but lighter than I like). They aren't comfortable(even with insoles). And after very LIGHTLY wearing them for about 4 or 5 months now, they are already FALLING APART. Oh and they get cuts and gouges in them easily.

As for dancing in them, I rarely dance sober.... and I usually go to this same club on different nights(it is a country club) so the dancing is different and quite made for boots.

Oh and I am dressing up, I'm not gonna wear the boots I wore to work today ;)

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Are those the $20 Brahma boots? Had a pair of those, and they disgust me. No steel toe, wore out fast, and brutally uncomfortable. Rubbed terribly on the back of my heels.

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i have had 3 pairs of Brahmas since 1996. i've always had good luck with them.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yep, Brahmas with the yellow center tread section and all.

I've had 4 or 5 pairs, the boot laces wear out before any part of the boot does. Mine were all steel toe and comfortable until I started working at school. hours on the concrete floor sucked so I got some insoles. Made them better but still not great.

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh I had fun. She didn't look as good as in pictures. Oh well, there was a ton of hot chicks there. I had fun anyway. Felt out of place as I thought I would, haha. Getting patted down in a club where I usually just walk right in is weird. Had to hide my knife outside cause I forgot they do that on the Hip Hop nights(cough cough... cause they have to).

I may hang out with her again, can't decide. i've been mildly lowering my standards lately and not sure how I feel about it... I haven't really seen anyone since Tshy, still kind of not right about it all so I need a dip back in the dating pool. eh who knows, there is always the girl from Jersey who wants to come party and stay with me a weekend...

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

They are too cold in the winter for steel toed boots. I wear hiking boots outside.

19. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude, you live in PA? What are whining about meeting chicks? PA is the hot white chick capital of the US!!!! With or without work boots :haha: .

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My part of PA is. Area is fairly well off in many places. Enough that you get a ton of hot chicks and MILFs.

Worst thing of it all is, I go nowhere. I never have a chance to meet chicks. When I go out I go to the tattoo shop or with my friends. Tattoo shop, either get freaks or the occassional hot chick, I met one girl there that was down to earth and hot, and I totally screwed up by not asking for her number before she left. Still kick myself on that and I only met her for like 5 minutes. Then when I'm with my friends, there are the girls who hang out with us that are just friends and always will be, but they are the kinds of girls who have like no female friends. Their only female friends are each other. So basically no females being introduced to the population. One friend brought his cousin to a party a few weeks ago. I kissed her before she left... but she is from Florida. Live is grand I tell you.