Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uh oh, another one maybe?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 1, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I might have a chance to buy the truck thats in front of my house.
    [​IMG]

It's an '80 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, 402BB that runs but needs work, headers, TH400, NP205, 14 bolt FF rear, 10 bolt front, 4.10 gears, and mostly rust/dent free except for the passenger side bedside.

I could probably give him $1000 and keep it here as mine. My friend just got it Friday, and he got it for $500. I told him I'd give him $1000 for it once I saw it had a 400/205 and was straight. I also told him it's probably worth $1500 as it sits.

Now he needs money... and I pretty much jacked up his idea of value of it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hmmm... if I can sell a few more parts around here... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

you always get good deals!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Got a spare bedroom? I'm moving!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    Got a spare bedroom? I'm moving!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can stay in the garage. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

A couple years ago, I had a friend living in a camper sitting on the back of my Crew cab on the street for about a week. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    [​IMG]

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I would live in a tree and eat grass for a month if I could drive a rust-free Washington truck home in exchange! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    you always get good deals!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he got a good one at $500. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe I can come up with like $750 or $800 and start waving some cash in the air. Then he makes $250-$300 off what he paid, minus the few bucks he put into it so far.

But after telling him he should keep it, and that it was worth $1500, he probably wont take less than $1000.

7. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    I would live in a tree and eat grass for a month if I could drive a rust-free Washington truck home in exchange!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'd have to share the tree with the squirrels, and that would also save us from having to mow the lawn. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rust must really be bad over there.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Deals are popping up everywhere around me too,but since I live in MA the trucks all have at least SOME rust,but a few I have come across lately for cheap money arent all that bad--saw a 86 suburban yesterday in decent shape,2wd though,for 500 bucks or best offer--a kid three houses away has an 87 K5,305,Th700r4,not rusted real bad,but needs floors and rockers--he said 250 bucks a year ago,still sitting there,looks pretty good from the street.And the boneyards are overflowing with trucks,but most of them are parts only,most have no title(they have the best cabs usually /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif),I have also watched 2 6.2 diesels trucks go to the crusher /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifand the third one with the SM465 and transfer case is getting closer to the crusher every day).I think a lot of people around here are hurting for cash--yesterday 3 people stopped at my friends shop looking for scrap,junk motors etc,since steel prices have shot up to 60 bucks a ton,many cars and trucks on front lawns for sale fairly cheap too.I have been tempted to buy something different,but like everyone else,I'm about broke too,unless I sell something,and I dont see much market for my junks around here-. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif