Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uh oh, can someone help me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got a new (to me) TV and I'm trying to hook it up to my stereo... The only problem is the TV only has audio INPUT, and no OUTPUT :doah:I have an RF Modulator with audio OUTPUTS. I thought that could help me out, but still no worky :confused: :confused:

Is there a person who can help me?

2. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you are using a cable/sat box hook into there. If using ant only way I know of is to open tv "RISKY TUBE FLYBACKS SHOCK HAZARD" and wire in some speaker connections.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

You got a DVD/VCR with yellow/white RCA jacks on the back? If you do, I might be able to help you solve this problem.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was just thinking about it, and I'm not quite sure how I can work it out... I don't have a DVD/VCR, and no cable box either... I think I may just be screwed unless I ditch the PS2 for a real DVD player :doah:

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Crap, yeah you may be right. You know what I was going to suggest with the RCA jacks right? Is that what kind of audio input jacks the TV has? Might just be able to come up with something.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I have the red, white, and yellow jacks on the back of the TV, and the same on the back of the stereo, both are input jacks...

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Alright then, now we're getting somewhere. What about the cable that's bringing the signal in? Is it a COAX cable or you have the Red, White, and Yellow RCA plugs that are bringing the signal in?

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That would be a COAX sir

9. Inu-Hanyou1776

And that's why you got the RF Modulator. Okay then, you need to get yourself a couple of these guys:

[​IMG]

RCA "Y" Cables. This is one that uses the male plug side all the way, but you can get them with the jack side too. You'll take two of these, plug the single end into the audio outs on the RF Modulator, then take the ends of both and plug one side of both of them into the TV, and the other into the stereo, of course you might need some extensions too. These cables should all be easily available at Radio Shack or somewhere similar.