Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uh oh - D60 spring perch issues...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I was taking some measurements tonight to figure out how long the studs for the passenger side spring perch on the D60 need to be. Well, one hole appears to be correct, for a 5/8" bolt, the hole is 1.8" deep, threads are good except for the top 3 or so, which are a little fawked, but the bolt goes right in, so no biggie. But the other hole, the rear one, appears to be for a 3/4" bolt, and the threads are only 1.4" deep. I suppose that it will work, I'm just worried that the hole that's been tapped to 3/4" isn't deep enough. Comments? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif</font color>

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

a 3/4" thread will only hold to 3/4" depth and same for any other thread the rest of the depth is just clearance to get the tap that deep.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had a damaged hole in my D60 as well. I have a friend with a mill who set it up and repaired the hole back to factory size of 5/8" x 11 . If you need to do this I am sure we could get him to fix it for you. Let me know if you would like to get it fixed back to factory again.