Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uh oh... looked at another motorhome

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 19, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

1973 Open Road 25ft, 454 with 67,000 miles on the odometer and TH400, 14-bolt dually rear, for $695 at a car lot. Interior is trashed, but it does have an old generator in it, and they claim it runs and drives good.

Good thing I don't have the money right now or I'd have another big pile of crap in my driveway.

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have been looking for a motor home..........

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Dude, where do you find all this stuff? I could have me a 454 for the burb....

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

just buy it man, you know you want 2

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Of course I want to. It's an ugly POS hulk... I love it! It's even got the identical front end nose as a friend's motorhome, so I could paint a face on it. http://www.mountainexplorers.50megs.com/images/scary_motorhome2.jpg

Just for fun I played negotiator to see if I could get them to sell it cheaper. I had a friend with me offer $400, then when he said no, I offered $550 cash out the door, without any money to back it up. But he said they were firm at 695, basically 700 and it would be just over $820 with tax and license and all that stuff.

He was willing to take my $550 down offer and let me drive it out of there yesterday and pay the rest off in 2 months, but I didn't have the $550 to spend anyway.