Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uh oh... tranny fluid in tcase...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

since my 205 always dribbles a little bit I was checking the level today... pulled the pinkey out of the case and the fluid was slightly redish. Now I've never had a problem with this before... but for almost a month I had the front end jacked way up on blocks while I messed with relocating my front axle. Is it possible that the seals or whatever between my tcase and tranny are fine and that it was only a problem because I had the rig popping a wheelie for a month or am I gonna have to pull the case and crap? input appreciated...

j

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You could piss in a 205 and it still wouldn't break. GM even spec'ed the red stuff in the later years. Just ignore it and quit your whining. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Your K5 is on the rag. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, I'd be more worried about my tranny being out of fluid and going BOOM than the 205 going belly up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif trannys aint cheap! anyway, still looking for an answer to the main question. Would it be normal for tranny fluid to seep into the tcase if the front end was jacket up higher than the rear for a significant amount of time?

j

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'd be more worried about gear oil getting into the tranny.
    That will definatly make the trans go boom. Get the rear trans seal fixed.
    That is why most x-fer cases mated to an auto tranny run ATF.