Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uh-Oh...

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 87BrnRsd, May 18, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Its getting crunch time and im still not done with everything. Turns out, the performer tbi manifold aint exactly spot on (figured it wouldnt be). I gotta find a different bolt for the distributor hold down since the hole on the performer isnt as deep as the stock manifold. Also, there is a hard line inlet on the front of the intake, that is towards the front of the truck about 2" more than the stock intake. I gotta figure out a way to get them to meet.:confused: The intake came with a few different sensors, which are the same, but have vacuum lines on them where mine didnt (cause the previous owner had blocked them somewhere). I need to trace those and figure out whats going on there.

On top of that, it has rained every day multiple times a day for the last week. Thats hindering my progress since im doing it in my brothers driveway. Anyways, I may be iffy on this trip. Lets hope that tomorrow goes better than the rest of the week has gone or im sol.....:mad:
    BTW- If anyone has pics of the wiring on the stock manifold and where the vacuum lines go...that would greatly help me track them down. Thanks
    -Harrison

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

here are some pics i have of the vacuum system someone sent to me

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Sweet...I appreciate that Dawson. Hay, when are you comming wheeling again? Im assuming you still have the truck right?
    -Harrison