Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uh real quick question, about u-haul..help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 30, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

OK I need to tow my crew cab to a friends house, 30 miles or so, nbut my only means are a u-haul car dolly.

The crew cab has no motor, tranny, t-case or front clip on it, will I be ok?

towing with a ford bronco or a chevy 3/4 ton suburban.

yah, or hell no?

I figure maby since the truck is around a thousand poiunds lighter? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I am doing this today! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

30 miles just be real careful. will it fit??? and i wouldnt tell uhaul about it.

3. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

I towed a half ton long box with my jimmy about 60 miles. I took it pretty easy and had no problems. It was a pretty tight fit on the dolly.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I would tow it with the burb prolly get better road manners than the bronco. Definetly don't tell U-haul. According to their books you can't tow hardly anything /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just tell them you are towing a Civic with the 3/4 ton Burb /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. supersize75

well the front tires on the crew cab are flat if that helps, I am just worried still, but dad says go for it, told them its a small 4 door chevy pick up, he said s10? I said yea something like that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

You should be worried! Usually, I'm pretty nice about stuff, but this is my livelyhood you're talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    It's rentals like this that force us to waste our money in stupid lawsuits, instead of buying new trucks and equipment for you, our customer! If you follow-through with this rental, shame on you. You may want to read my comments from an earlier thread on this subject before you take the risk. Be responsible

7. supersize75

honestly I am torn between doing whats right and not paying 160 for a tow truck, I'll see if any one has a trailer first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif