Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uhh...wire question.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by yunit, May 6, 2005.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Ok, anyone know what the Yellow/Black wire that connects to a Black/Green wire is for and what it goes to in the engine compartment? :confused:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

could be...

The low coolant sensor in the overflow tank for the radiator has a yellow wire with a black stripe on my 82 K20...my wiring diagram book doesn;t show it going to a black/green wire though--maybe other years had different colored wires.. :crazy:

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

When I pulled the engine, it was connected to an engine ground, but was a trimmed wire that was just sandwiched between washers. I don't think it is a ground because the old owner was an asshat that did not know what in the hell he was doing.

BTW - This is on an 89 engine with emissions.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

hmmm

Well,on my truck and the wiring diagram its showing a black/yellow wire as the low coolant sensor wire....GM didn't change the harness much as far as colors,so my 83 diagram should be close at least...maybe the previous owner thought it was a ground wire because it was black..anything is possible!...it looks like that wire grounds the "low coolant" bulb according to my wiring diagram... :crazy: