Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uhhg, no wonder i never go to POR anymore...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Feb 8, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I've always thought POR was just a little too elitist so I dont visit there often. For some unknown reason (i had prolly already read every single message here on ck5 that day!) i decided to drop by their site a few days back. Some1 in the chevy forum asked about x-over steering. I noted that I got my stuff from rockstomper... the guy wanted to know if they did hysteer setups. I said something to the effect that they do, but I think the $ can be better spent elsewhere and that its possible to position hydro etc a little higher/out of the way to reduce the risk of breakage. Naturally, some yahoo-elitist guy posts... he says "ROFLMAO.......You will eventually learn..." and he's doin the rollin-eyes emoticon. Good grief. He might as well have just posted and said "hello, Im an elitist jerk!!", it would have been just as productive as his post was.

No doubt there are plenty of peeps here on CK5 who love their hysteer... but I doubt tooooo many ck5ers would pull the old "I've wheeled more than you so your opinion isn't valid" crap that I see over at POR all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif One more reason why CK5 will get my $ every year and POR won't get jack. capitalist's revenge. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Well said. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I never had any use for that place either. I prefer the family atmosphere that We have here at CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif where we try to accept the "Newbies".

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got to check that out. If you want my opinion on the PBB, just go to the Bloody Knuckle and read the long thread started by <font color="green">Greg72</font color>.

5. jekbrown

lol, I know there are lots of good peeps over at POR... but there are a lot of roten apples in that barrel too. Way to much negativity and elitism. There are plenty of guys/grls here on ck5 that have SICK rigs (SW?!) but more important than that is that a vast majority of the people here have CLASS.

j

6. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

There are alot of guys/girls over there.And alot of good info.You just need to ignore the jerks.Seems like alot of young punk kids trying to act cool. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifI like this site but I don't wheel a chevy anymore.I still have a sub and a crew cab though,so I still visit and will keep visiting.Brady /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jekbrown

well, from what i have seen most of the good info is on *eeps and other stuff like that. Im not sure Ive ever really learned much on POR that is applicable to my rig. ck5 on the other hand.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When i first started here I could barely change my oil... now?? now Im dangerous. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    now Im dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rene

9. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

The elitism starts at the top. That's why their tech page no longer has my Excel shock file posted to it. I had it pulled due to their attitude.
    2BigBroncos was going to post it, but I can't find it there.

10. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I only went there a few times. seems mostly B.S. anyways. I'll stay right here, thanks!!

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I don't have any problems on P4x4. Ya gotta read between the bs sometimes. And don't take any crap off the losers and wantabes.

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

i always hear about it being like that, but i never had a problem with it

13. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I don't have any problems on P4x4. Ya gotta read between the bs sometimes. And don't take any crap off the losers and wantabes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If what you are looking for is GM tech, stay right here. This is a way better place than the PBB for that. There is other good stuff at the PBB that you won't find here, however.

14. jekbrown

non-GM and "good"... truly a contradiction in terms. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

15. NE-RokToy

NE-RokToy Registered Member

I think the problem doesnt have to do with eliteism, but with a differance in four wheeling. POR is a HARDCORE ROCK CRALWING site so I could imagine how they would sugest high steer which is a cheap upgrade over standard crossover (all you need is another arm) By no means would someone have to be rich to go highsteer and the steering is the LAST place I would skimp, its alot easier to drag a rig with broken drivetrain/suspension of the trail then one with damaged steering.

16. jekbrown

some peeps on por climb rocks... i dont see a sign anywhere that says that its a rock crawling ONLY site though. perhaps you like mud... or sand... or non-boulder-laden trails. The point of my post is that for *some* peeps hyseteer isnt a *requirement* for a good steering system. My x-over is built by rockstomper... and its a looong way from "skimping on the steering"...

j

17. NE-RokToy

NE-RokToy Registered Member

well if you don't think POR is a rock crawling site go to the main page and tell me what you see......

I agree with you in that high steer isnt a requirment and rockstomper builds some awsome products at a great price, I will probably be running regular rock rod's on my truck in the future. However for hard core rock crawling the hundred some odd dollars to upgrage to high steer is a great value.

18. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

i don't have either x-over or hysteer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifi'am so unworthy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifbut i have a heck of alot of fun wheelin' my rig that's all that matters to me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

i dont see a sign anywhere that says that its a rock crawling ONLY site

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just ask one of their crankwad hypocritical moderators a tech question when they advertise they do it when it doesn't pertain to hardcore rockcrawling in an attempt to broaden your knowledge and that's the first flaming crutch of an excuse they'll throw at ya. And let's not forget the name calling the higher than thou moderators will indulge in.

20. jekbrown

POR is a HARDCORE ROCK CRALWING

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one of the reasons I like CK5... ck5 is for all kinds of peeps. Whether you like to run mud, sand, rocks, whatever... you can find help/info/friends here and you're most likely not going to be made fun of or laughed at. Well... maybe if you want to lower your rig... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif At any rate, the point is there is a classy way to deal with other people and there is a low-grade mightier-than-thou way to treat people. I see a lot more of the former here... and the later at POR.

j