Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uhhh-oohhh...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 10, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

left kidney is starting to hurt a little. not again!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I should just have a zip-lock-bag-like seal on my lower back... so every time i have a kidney stone I can just unzip and pluck it out... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I feel your pain /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dude that sucks.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Dang man! Yer too young fer this shite! That hasta SUCK!!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kidney stones ain't no joke !!!! They HURT !!! I passed one the size of a grain of sand about 10 years ago. It hurt so bad I was laying on the emergency room floor rolling around in pain. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I feel for you. Hope it passes SOON !!

6. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

I am not kidding! This works.

Drink as much lemon juice as you can handle....straight.
    That stuff in the little plastic lemon or a quart of reallemon(r) lemon juice works.

The acid in the juice eats the edges off of the little bugger so it dosen't feel like your passing a cat that dosen't want to leave. (you know, the claws)

Mine are usually 3.0-4.0 mm in size when they x-ray and they loose about 1/3 of their size by the time they pass.

GOOD LUCK!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

Ohh yah, lay off the soda and the coffee.
    Mine are almost non existant since I reduced both. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

You're right about the lemon. I passed a golf ball sized gallstone 11 years ago. Had to go to the ER, took 3 days to pass it and apparently a lot of morphine. Anyway, my doctor told me that if you drink the juice of 1/2 a lemon a day, you won't get stones. I started doing that right out of the hospital. The hospital doctor said I'd need my gallbladder out within the year. Haven't had a problem since then.

I believe that the lemon thing works for any type of stone, since they are made of similar material.

9. jekbrown

i drink lemonade... i hardly eat meat anymore, i never liked coffee, a rarely drink much soda and I drink gallons of water. My dr and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I need some kinda prescription to help me out... i make stones and thats all there is to it. In the last 4 years I have had 3 surgeries as the result of 2 golf-ball sized kidney stones. I've prolly passed 40-50 smaller ones in my life (starting at age 17)... some like sand...some like kix cereal-sized. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif hopefully these drugz dont have any really nasty side effects...

j

10. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

what would be a "nasty side effect" compared to the stones? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sorry to hear about it, I hope it goes ok and doesn't hurt too much...

12. jekbrown

yeah hopefully it'll just go away. AFA not hurting to much, that has to be the lone benefit you get from stones... learning how to deal with pain. Regular bumps/cuts/bruises really are a joke by comparison. I laugh sometimes when i get "hurt" now. lol!

j

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A friend of mine seems to go to the hospital to pass stones about every 6 months or so. He tells us what that experience is like. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Since I've never had them nor experienced the pain, what exactly causes the stones to form and take shape? How and why must they pass thru the piss-hole? I don't know stuff that I've never dealt with, so induldge me with this info. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How and why must they pass thru the piss-hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Do you know of another route out of your kidneys? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I understand they look like spikey little balls. I really hope that I never have to deal with them... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif</font>

15. thatK30guy

Ok smartass....what I meant was "how fast do they go?" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Do they go slow or do they flow at the same rate as the piss? Got that? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Like I said, I've never had one, but my brother in law gets them. He's spent up to 2 weeks or so writhing in pain as he tries to pass one. They slowly work their way down until they come out. </font>

17. jekbrown

yeah, basically various calcium compounds get concentrated enuff in ur blood that some of the calcium can crystalize in your kidneys. These crystals sometimes clump together and grow larger over time. At some point, the flow of liquid through the kidneys will try to push the stone out. This is generally when a "kidney stone attack" takes place... a rock is trying to push through a hole that is to small... meanwhile ur back muscles are clenching so hard (involuntarily) in an effort to work the stone out that it hurts like hell. Basically feels like some1 is stabbing u in the lower back with a knife... except that it can go on and on. Sometimes an attack (for me anyway) will last 15 minutes... other times it will last a day or more. After that phase, the rock (if it managed to get through) is in the tubes that run from the kidneys to the bladder. I usually know the stone has done this when the pain in the back stops... but is replaced by a shooting pain that runs from my upper-tummy right down through the bladder and to the tip of my pee-pee. This really hurts... feels like someone is pulling barbed wire through ur manhood. Once its through that tube it hits the bladder. Sometimes this is pretty painless... it just sits in there. Eventually though it will try to get in the tube and flow out the pee-pee. Naturally, this hurts. It aint so bad if it just flows right on out... what sux is when it gets stuck half way out... I had a kix-cereal-sized one stuck in lil j for 2 hrs one time. There is basically nuttin u can do other than drink LOTS of water and pray. After 2 hrs of the fetal position i got it the rest of the way.

of course, if the thing is toooo big that its literally impossible to get out of the kidney (ie like golf ball sized etc) then u have to get some surgery. This sounds like the cure all, but it really sux. the put u under, blow the stone up with some wacky sound/laser devices and then you have to pee all the chunks out. Imagine a golf ball sized thing broken up into 200 or so irregular sharp edges pieces. not good. They put a stint in so water can flow out of ur kidney... sounds good... unfortunately it makes ur kidney hurt like hell every time you pee... and then at some point u have to pull it out. Very gross to pull on a tube that runs all the way up inside you to ur kidney. Of course lil j is clenching the whole time... so it burns pulling it out. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This stuff is just all around bad. Lots of pain. The 1st time i was in the hospital i was in the same room as another lady that had stones. her family came to visit and she was talking to her sister. Her sister asked how it compared to giving birth... the lady said "having a big stone is like giving birth to a 10 pound cactus". lol, puts it all in perspective...

j

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Every guy that read that is now crossing their legs... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

</font>

19. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Ooooouuuuccchhhh!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I could have gone without reading that. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Every guy that read that is now crossing their legs... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING! ZING! Exactly!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif