Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uhhhh I think I am just a little stuck.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, May 25, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

OOPS! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Remember 11inches of lift and 38s. Thats me in the top pic standing near the drivers door, and I am partially sunk in the mud myself. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It took an F150 w/ a winch and my buddies CJ7 slingshotting me to FINALLY break it free. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

dont you have any better pixs of it than that!?

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

now if that wasn't rude

4. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

I think the cameraman was glued to that particular patch of grass. Were they afraid to get closer?

I wanted to see 11" of lift buried /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

lol sorry i didnt mean it like that..its like that other guy said there..i wanna see it up close! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    dont you have any better pixs of it than that!?

[/ QUOTE ]Sure if you want to follow me in and take the next round of pics from standing on your hood thats under water, I am sure I can have better pics. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Ill sink it there again for that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I swear, I sink my rig in over 4 feet of water and you want to bitch about the pic distance. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Those are about the best shots possible. Standing in the bed of my buddies tow rig. I dont really think my wife wanted to risk dropping a $300 digital camera in the water just for a closer view from waist deep. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i didnt mean to offend..i was just wondering why they were so far away. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Pure Insanity

OK then. I didnt see the post you made a few min before I sent mine. I sent it and left the forum w/out looking.

9. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the cameraman was glued to that particular patch of grass. Were they afraid to get closer?

I wanted to see 11" of lift buried /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Closer was not really possible. This is what it looked like on dry ground from a few weeks ago to get an idea of how much is "missing" from the picture. [​IMG]

My rear bumper was WAY under water and my tailights were at water level and sinking. I had water ALL in the cab, MtDew cans floating out, fire extingiusher completely under water and my 1st aid kit was floating around inside the Blazer. (glad I have a marine 1st aid kit, its water proof and floats) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif There was standing water about half up the tranny tunnel or deeper.

10. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I had water ALL in the cab, MtDew cans floating out

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Time for a snorkel /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I had water ALL in the cab, MtDew cans floating out

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Time for a snorkel /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Naw, its just time I realize I am about 3000 pounds heavier than my buddies CJ. (SBC TH350 NP205, 39 Boggers.... SaaWeeet CJ7) He was able to go thru that same area, barely. I kinda screwed it up bad and he didnt try it again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif In fact hes the reason I DID try it to begin w/. He came in and said, "Hey Steve, your going thru next right" I said "OF COURSE!" DUUH! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Didnt look as deep when he went thru it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

For future reference, when you are creating a wake like a boat, STOP, throw it in reverse and back out. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I had water ALL-up in that mutha', MtDew cans floating out,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...

You know your in trouble when you have to create a new way to get into and out of your ride.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

tape them cans end to end and run it as a snorkel! Come on you know you will give in when a buddy says "you're going next right?" again.

14. Pure Insanity

New way to get in and out? I just jumped off in the swamp and trudged thru it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The thoughts of a Gator or a Water Moccasin being in the water kinda freaked me out at times, but I had to get PI out somehow. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If ya dont know what a Water Moccasin is, its a medium size snake that lives in the water, swims, and has a MAJOR attitude problem. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on you know you will give in when a buddy says "you're going next right?" again.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The need for a snorkle wasnt nessecary....YET! I dont mind going in deep, but that stuff was just soft as puppy crap and you couldnt grab any traction at all. PI happily sat there idleing the whole time.

What was wild was the way my exhaust ends under the floors behind the front seats, everytime a cylinder fired it would blow a big bubble under water that hit the floor making this HORRIBLE banging sound under it of the bubble hitting the floor. You had to actually hear it to be able to describe it. Once I got used to it it was just irritating to have to listen to. It made the whole Blazer echo inside w/ each bang.

16. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If ya dont know what a Water Moccasin is, its a medium size snake that lives in the water, swims, and has a MAJOR attitude problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

We call 'em rattle snakes out here. Less swimming, more noise.

17. Pure Insanity

We have them too. Several different flavors too. We have your basic brown, a few diamond backs I believe, cotton mouths.... We have all the mean critters down here. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Hell the town west of me has whats called "The Rattlesnake Round Up". Every year, theres a big weekend long "festval" based around those slimy little reptiles.

18. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We have them too. Several different flavors too. We have your basic brown, a few diamond backs I believe, cotton mouths.... We have all the mean critters down here. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Hell the town west of me has whats called "The Rattlesnake Round Up". Every year, theres a big weekend long "festval" based around those slimy little reptiles.

[/ QUOTE ]

[naughty word] that !

19. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What was wild was the way my exhaust ends under the floors behind the front seats, everytime a cylinder fired it would blow a big bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

That kinda worries me.
    If the exhaust system actualy funtions as a performance exha7st system should, it might actualy pull water up into the cylinder.
    Check your oil and pull the plugs. Any hint of water contamination, might be something to keep inmind and corrected as needed.
    Run a compresion check as-well, if need be.

I have no intnesion to cause undue concern (??? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)
    Maybe I'm just "gun-shy" - It's just something I'd look into.

20. Pure Insanity

I checked it out when I got out and its running fine, oil was clean ETC. After being stuck I went back out and tore it up in the area to the left of the pic that was just swampy, no deep water this time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I cranked off a few 7000 + RPM passes, had a hell of a good time then drove it home 30 miles at 65. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gotta love it when you can drive where your going, slap ass beat it to death for several hrs, then drive home. Thats a good day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif