Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uhwarrie trip- updated!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, May 15, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well it sounds like James is going to show that trail who is boss this time, going back up on the 28-29. Should be fun hope to see alot of people there. When can the most be there? 28-29th or the next weekend in June?

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So...going without me. :frown1: I wish I could go but I'm taking the boys to Carowins that Sat. I'd love to watch the rematch, but I guess I'll just have to hear the stories (lies) about it when ya'll get back. I'll be home Sunday if anyone needs anything. :xmas:

3. sapper

You can see the rides of that place from my grand mothers yard, all of my cousins have worked at Carowinds some time in their life.

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I wish you would do it the week after that. I graduate on the 27th, so the 28th, and 29th are reserved for partying. :xmas: Anyways, I want to go again really bad. I would prefer going with you guys, because your better to wheel with than anyone around where I live. Plus we all have blazers, and the more blazers, the higher the chances we will have in having a broken part on hand. Anyways, I hope yall have fun. We need to have another group trip soon in which all of us that went last time (and hopefully even more) guys can go. I will be going a lot this summer, so I will let you all know when im going.
    -Harrison

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I could go the 3rd and 4th, or the 4th and 5th.
    -Harrison

6. clarkjw24

The first weekend in June. This date looks more promissing. Let me check my date book.......
    :rolleyes: :xmas:

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Probably the first weekend in June would work better for me. After that run won't be able to make another one until September or so. :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. sapper

Sounds like its the first week in June then, give me more time to collect all of my new stuff :ignore:

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

So when will it be? The 3rd and 4th, or the 4th and 5th. I have to know so I can ask off work in time. I can come early like yall did on either friday or saturday, then wheel all day.
    -Harrison

10. sapper

I dont have a calander in front of me but i will probablly drive up friday and then wheel sat and a little on sunday. Sunday would be more of a relaxing trail ride just to prevent anyone from breaking agian and being there a long time, then drive home sunday

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like I can make it the 4th, barring another emergency. Had a Charity event last night. Relay for Life, raising money for cancer research. Only three of us showed from NC 4X4.

[​IMG]

12. 79Stomper

I would have liked to have made it but just so far for me to drive oh and I had the OOD yesterday too.

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Looks like the 4th and 5th will be better for me. I am having to ask off work 4 weekends in a row. they dont like when I do that. So, I plan on working friday the 3rd, and comming to uwharrie on saturday the 4th. Ill come as early as I can. I wont be bringing the slow people hopefully, so Im gonna try to make it there by 11 am. That should give us some good time to hit some trails. Then sunday will be a relaxing trail riding day. Im hoping I can get those days off, if not, I will tell yall in advance if I cant come. Im %95 sure I will be there though.
    P.S.- Someone remind me to buy some u-joint straps and u-joints before this trip. :rotfl:
    -Harrison

14. 79Stomper

I think quite a few learned this from our last trip up there.

15. clarkjw24

As of now it looks like I'll be there Sat morning. I think I've got the old lady talked into coming with me for her first ride. It will be me, her, and of course my co-pilot Jason (Bunkie). If my sister will keep the kids we'll be there. :xmas:

I need to replenish my ujoint stash also. :grin: I'm also going to try and make up some spare square drive shafts. I need to check my rig, its got a pop noise when I put it in gear. Hopefully its just the ubolts need tighten and there's nothing wrong with the ring and pinion.

16. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I will be there, but I will be out on the lake. If you see a black blazer pulling a new bass boat, give me a shout. I will be at the cove boat ramp.
    -Mike

17. sapper

Well as much as i hate to say it i can not make it that weekend, it seems i forgot about a few commitments the kids are going to. I can get up there for most of June so if anyone is going shoot me a PM.

18. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im still gonna be there. My brother is trying desperately to get his truck back running in time to make it. It will be close if he does or not. I hope john can make it because he is basically a parts store on wheels. :p: I hope to see you again too james. I will be there sat. morning probably around 10-11 am. My brother will be going if he gets his truck running. Also, a friend of mine may go if he gets his clutch fixed this week. He has a 87 3/4 ton silverado, with a 14 sf, sm465, and some 38" swampers. I dont think hes ever really been wheeling since he just got the truck, but theres always a first time for everyone.
    -Harrison

19. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

So, its getting crunch time. Whos gonna be there?
    -Harrison

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like I'll be there Saturday about 10:00-11:00 AM