Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ujoint girdle for 14bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DwarF, Apr 8, 2003.

1. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

I have the 3/4 tone 14bolt that use 1350 type ujoints. I am looking for the ujoint straps (or girdles as some places call them) and the bolts. It just has the yoke. Where is a good place to get these? OEM only? (their hours suck)

On a side note, for the U-Bolts for mounting this axle, I have 3.5 inch span (diameter). What length do I need for a spring pack that has 6 springs plus an overload (it measures out to 3inches of springs. A lot of the u-bolts don't have threads all the way down, so you can get them too long.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Any decent parts store can get the straps.

For the u-bolts, bust out a tape measure and start measuring. It's pretty easy - axle diameter + spring perch height + spring pack thickness + spring plate = minimum length from inside of curve in u-bolt to the beginning of the threads.</font>

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

On the u-bolts, find a big truck parts shop. Here in Dallas, I use Inland Truck Parts. I don't know if they have one of those down by you or not. I got u-bolts custom made there for my 14-bolt and my D60. They ran me around $8 each including the washers and nuts. Took them about 30 minutes.