Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ultimate wheelin rig ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Dec 10, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

I thought this would be fun for ya guys that are board, what do u think would be the ultimate k5 setup;like 12 inch lift with 44 inch boggers with 1 ton axles ? or .......well later on bros...

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

What kind of wheeling? rocks? mud? For rocks, I'd cut the frame in half and put in a hydraulic pivoting thing. Build and outer and inner cage. I would put on full width 5 ton axles. Full hydraulic suspension. 66 inch tires with custom tread. The suspension wouldn't be high so when the blazer rolls it can drive upsidedown.It would have hydaulic steering. The blazer wold have a fiber glass body. A rear mounte diesel out of a semi.
    For mud I would say 10 ton axles, 88 inch tires, hydraulic steering and suspension about (4 feet of lift) and an 1500hp jet engine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Let's see...a 12" lift??? Looks like you'll spend more time on the top than on the tires if you get into any odd angle say above 5 deegrees. Bored? naw, just trying to get some time on the computer before the spousal unit comes in and kicks me off.....

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Boggers sound good, and I like the 1 ton axles part. Dana 60 front, all 35 spline stuff. Dana 70 rear with the biggest axle shafts that will fit. Some people would say 14 bolt, but the lowest gear you can use with those are 5.13's. Dana 70's go wayyy lower.
    12 inch lift is too big. Steering problems, driveline angles and it would be a major rollover hazard. I'd go 6 or 7 inches and cut the fenders.
    SM465 or beefed up TH400. NP205 of course.
    Fuel injected 502.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

My blazer is my ultimate wheeling rig. I figure that once I have everything done to it that I plan to do the only thing that will hinder me is width, at which point i will narrow the body. It's not so much the rig, it's the nut behind the wheel.

Bored? Nope, just took a nap and now I'm going out to cut the overhang off the blazer. Later fellas.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The ultimate wheelin K5?.........Well 4 come to mind and IMHO they are all ultimate. In no particular order, Depdog's Green beast, Stephen Watson's ORD Blazer, Steve Fox's UAV, and Shawn Spickler's "Potent Rodent". Every one of these trucks inspires me. Every one of these trucks have sensible real world modifications that make the truck more able, efficient, comfortable, or flexible. In my opinion what makes these 4 (I'm sure there are many others) "ultimate", they do everything well![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I almost forgot. QUAGMIRE!!!!! You guys have to know the truck I'm talking about. Gotta love that 5 ton rear.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

A lowered Honda, with 17 inch rims.......

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: A lowered Honda, with 17 inch rims.......

That's what is going to get crushed by the ultimate wheelin' rig. Right? [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

10. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

this is the closest thing to a blazer i could find!!!

[​IMG]

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

...and a 55 gallon oil drum attached to the muffler!

My ideal trail rig!

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah I would use the Honda as a step, so I could get into the Blazer (12" lift w/ 44's)

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

13. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

the only thing good on the honda would be the bucket seats in front. you might could use the engine and make a go-kart or a generator to run a high power stereo and 20 KC lights or something. Just some suggestions.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

14. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

You wanna make a monster truck lol? Sounds alittle big for the average trail but hey . . . what do i know?

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]

15. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Pre emissions Blazer with a rust free, totally clean body. Line-X the whole thing. Inside and out. Deep tint on the windows. Waterproof seats. CD player and changer with a nice system, all of it water proof (Pioneer's Marine stuff for example). All digital dash board with all the doodads. Tranny and Oil temp gauges. Dana 60 front with 35 spline axles and a limited slip. 14 bolt rear axle with a detroit locker in it, maybe a "lincoln locker". 4.88 gears. Cadillac 500 engine with headers, Edelbrock intake, CMD fuel injection or Rochester Q-jet, mild cam, able to run off of 89 octane pump gas, 350+ FT/LBS of torque at IDLE! BOP TH400, upgraded to TH475 if you can do it to a BOP tranny, or a 4L80E if I can figure out how to mate it to the Caddy. 8" of lift with 6" BDS, Alcan, or National Spring springs up front, 4" ORD shackle flip and 4" springs in the rear. Cross over steering. Dual front and single rear Bilstein resevoir shocks. 38x15.5R16.5 Super Swamper Radials for fun, 37x12.5 Goodyear GS-A Hummer take off tires for driving around and winter. Flowmaster exhaust that goes to turn downs behind the rear tires. All-Pro rock slider bars for rocker protection and nerf bar duties.

This is my plan. I figure it's going to take a while.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

16. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

17. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ditto, plus I would add mine in a few years if I ever get my arse in gear! :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com