Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ultra clean 77 3/4 ton 4x4.

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by OL14BLAZ, May 14, 2003.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Found this on a site I check every now and then, thought someone might be interested in it. It is very clean and orginial. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Go here to this web site for the details.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Wow, that Burb is NICE!!

400SB
    TH400(probably)
    NP205
    D44
    14BFF.......

I'd keep it original if it were mine.....too nice to hack up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That thing is to sweet to hack up, and looks very clean. Would make someone a very nice tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

guarantee that it's not a 205. with an auto, it would be a 203. Beeyooteeful Sub though!!! I'd sure like to own it!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    guarantee that it's not a 205. with an auto, it would be a 203. Beeyooteeful Sub though!!! I'd sure like to own it!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does look like a 203 shifter. It has lockouts though.

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Aftermarket lockouts, Warns. Factory '77s would have the yellow knobed Spicers.

7. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

I agree, it's a really clean, nice truck. Would be nice to have a 6 digit odometer to be sure it's still on it's 1st 100K miles though! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not that this is a guarantee, but more of a reassurance.

I noticed this picture Possible Rust showed some odd colored coloration on the passenger side rear door seal, by the bottom, - which looks a lot like what I am beginning to see on my 87 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif - rust from where it meets the door. As soon as the monsoons seem past, I plan to nip it in the bud by replaceing the seals and removing any trace of surface rust from the jams doors.

I would have thought that if someone went to the trouble to paint this thing, they would have put all new door seals on too, or at least cleaned the old ones up. Mabye it's not rust on the seal?

Ben