Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UMMM.... I FOUND IT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Jul 2, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I TOOK THE WIFE AND BOYS OUT FOR A DAY OF OFF ROADING AND CREEPING AND CRAWLING. I WAS GOING TO TAKE SOME ACTION SHOTS TO OFFSET MY BORING DRIVEWAY PICTURES. ANYWAY AFTER WE GOT ALL THE WAY WHERE WE WERE GOING I NOTICED A CRUNCHING NOISE COMING FROM THE BACK. I FIGURED IT WAS THE BRAKES RUBBING THE DRUMS. IT WASN'T. IT TURNED OUT THE REAR WAS GRINDING AWAY. I THINK ITS THE RING AND PINION. FUNNY THING IS I CHANGED A REAR SEAL YESTERDAY. I DIDNT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THERE. I PULLED THE PIN TO GET THE C CLIP OUT, BUT THAT WOULDNT CAUSE IT. ITS FULL OF OIL AND POSILUBE.
    HERES THE KICKER, AS SOON AS I LIMPED OUT TO THE PAVEMENT, IT ALL WENT AWAY. I DROVE HOME AT 55-60. ANY IDEAS?

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds interesting. Maybe a rock caught somewhere that finally worked it's way out? It might be a good idea to pull that diff cover again and see if there is any visible damage.

3. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Is your "posi" a gov-lock? If so i bet it was in the cam that controls the lock up funtion. This little part spins when the diff detects wheel spin, once it reaches max it tryies to lock the diff, often causeing a clunk. Sometimes the clunk can end in a massive blow out of the spiders. This seems to happen with 10bolts mostly.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I YANKED THE GOV A LOCK OUT YEARS AGO. IT HAS AN AUBURN LIMITED SLIP NOW. THE FLUID THAT CAME OUT WAS REAL CLEAN AND THE MAGNET HAD NO DEBRIS SO IM NOT SURE WHAT CAUSED IT BUT IM GOING TO JACK IT UP AND LISTEN TO IT. I HAVE A SPARE DRIVE SHAFT IM GOING TO TRY BUT I KNOW ITS NOT THE U JOINT. IM KIND OF REALLY HOPING ITS JUST AN AXLE BEARING. THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, IT ONLY DID IT WHEN THE AXLES WERE NOT LEVEL.IE MORE WEIGHT ON ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.
    CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

You may not know this...but to use all caps is like YELLING. Notice how everyone else uses small letters...saving capitals to make a POINT....

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

6. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

eagle...that for some reason makes me LAUGH...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

7. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Man.....But you still can't have my Bud Light....

2B1ASK1

8. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

thats the funniest thing I have heard all day! Those commericals were classics weren't they

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

WHATS WRONG WITH YELLING? I LIKE TO YELL. IT SERVED ITS PURPOSE LONG BEFORE THE ADVENT OF CELL PHONES AND COMPUTER TEKNOLIGEE. I DO IT WELL, I CAN'T HELP IT. ITS PART OF MY JOB. IY KEEPS PEOPLE OUT OF HARMS WAY.
    IVE BEEN UNDER MY BLAZER ALL EVENING, IM TIRED, IVE FIXED THE PROBLEM, THE PINION BEARINGS WERE TOAST, THE RING AND PINION ARE A LITTLE BRUISED BUT NO MAJOR HARM DONE. THE LASH AND DEPTH ARE SET AND IM GOING TO BED, GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! HAPPY FOURTH AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I LIKE TO THINK OF MYSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL. A LITTLE OFF THE BEATEN PATH, A GDI IF YOU WILL. IM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR REPLY HAD TO DO WITH MY DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEMS. I WAS ASKING FOR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS FOR REPAIRING MY PROBLEM NOT CRITIQUING MY USE OF CAPITOL LETTERS.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

11. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

ITS OKAY IF YOU ARE A MILITARY SARGENT!

12. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

SORRY I NEVER COULD GET TO YOUR PROBLEM! THE CAPTIOL LETTERS WERE YELLING AND STARING ME DOWN! just joking!

13. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Be all that you can be...join the army for all I care, I was just pointing out a bit of Internet etiquette, to myself and others it appears you are yelling when typing in all caps, for some it makes them uncomfortable. Personally I find it more of a challenge to use both, upper and lowercase just like they taught us back in English class, instead of the lazy way of using just one or the other.
    And if someday you wonder why it appears your posts are being ignored....maybe the rest of us decided to be individuals as well....

2B1ASK1

14. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I apologize for not being up to date on this forums etiquette bylaws. I'll get right on them.
    Not sure why you think I've got anything to do with the army. I've got no idea where you all got THAT (sorry) one from.
    Eagle, why so cranky tonight? I kind of have an excuse for it, having been jumped on for no apparent reason other than your dislike of my use of capitol letters. I thought the whole idea of this forum was to help our brother blazer owners. I try my best. I may not be right all the time, but I don't chastize others for their "etiquette" of their so called "ability" to type using a proper blend of well placed upper and lower case letters. Hell, I have a colij ejakashun and I don't need you to tell me how to type. I realize this is trivial at best, but I'm looking for help regarding a blown differential and the best you can do is complain bcos you THINK that I'm yelling? JEEEEEEZIS MAN, GET A LIFE!!!!!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

15. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Dude....you are not worth the time and trouble...

2B1ASK1

16. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Hey Jimmy-Jerk!!! I'm pretty sure Eagle was trying to help you out and not trying to be an A&^%$le.Not only does it seem like you're yellin',but CAPs are annoying and make stuff hard to read.Eagle has been here for a long-ass time and helped a whole lot of people.Maybe you should sit back and take a little constructive criticism.

EDIT--- DON'T BE A DICK!!

17. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

jimmyjack- Eagle was pointing out in a joking way that your

message is harder than hell to read. He was probaly having

to read your post over 20 times like I was, to understand

what the hell you were talking about.

As for the part where you were saying "I LIKE TO YELL...I

DO IT WELL, I CAN'T HELP IT. ITS PART OF MY JOB. IY KEEPS

PEOPLE OUT OF HARMS WAY" What the hell was that about? What

he meant about being in the Army was why the hell would you

need to yell unless you were a drill sargent.

You were the one that blew it out of proportion, "I WAS

ASKING FOR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS FOR REPAIRING MY PROBLEM NOT

CRITIQUING MY USE OF CAPITOL LETTERS."

Some advice: Take some anger managment classes, take some

typing classes and learn that yelling isn't the key to a

successful job and won't prevent people from getting hurt.

Then after all that, if you can remember all this, get some

common sense,

grow up,

and get a life.

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ouch!
    Sorry JimmyJack but I agree with these guys, Eagle was just making a suggestion. I too had to reread your post several times, the capitol letters just kind of blurred together. No offense man.

89 K5 Silverado

19. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Guys, its the nature of the beast. Did I blow it out proportion? no more than Eagle. Did I throw a couple of jabs at Eagle? Hell yeah I did! And he fired right back as I expected he would. Anyone would.
    I was angry that after spending hours underneath my truck I came in to check out whats going on here and Eagle tells me that Im yelling and basically that he doesnt like it. It was a perfect oppurtunity to blow steam. I would think that Internet ettiquette would include a private message. Even better, a simple suggestion like "Its easier for some people to read your posts if you didnt use all caps". I can handle that, its polite and I can appreciate it. And as long as Eagle has been here he would know that.
    Anyhow, I appreciate your constructive criticism 82jimmy, I'll take to heart what you said and I'll try not to yell at work anymore when one of the guys gets his elbow near an 8000 volt phase. Or when one of the guys is underneath a pole when a 5 lb wire grip gets dropped from 40 feet up. I'm sure they'll like me better for it. Just a jab pal, don't take it personally. Time to move forward, hopefully the blazer gets the cue and goes with me.
    Everyone have a safe Fourth of July

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

20. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Glad your taking my advice seriously [censored]. Always glad to help the mentally and physically challenged people.