Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ummmm...ouch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Mar 24, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The last couple daysI've been noticing a slight burning/aching sensation "down there" when i have to pee. Well it quit tonight. I was going standing there taking a leak and something besides water came out. I noticed a small brown object at the bottom of the bowl. I fished it out with the bowl cleaner and rinsed it off. Damn kidney stone. I hope there are no more :frown1: . I couldn't get the camera to focus on the stone but you can see the size of it

Img_0496.jpg

2. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Well, how do I put this........while working in the hospital, we notice most have more then just one..........so....um...look on...the....br...i....ght....side...........so did ya catch the game the other night??

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Whoa! is that a standard ruler cause if it is that stone is just under a quarter inch in size.. OUCH!!!:blush:

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

is that it? just playin, welcome to the club brother. ya know, I should start a web site, kidneystonessuck.com or something... fill it with info on preventing them... maybe a support-group forum or something.

j

5. big pappa b

Hey Jek, you know as soon as I figured out what it was I thought about you :D

I'm afraid to pee now:crazy:

6. jekbrown

lol, I am the resident expert... unfortunately! I'm still trying to figure out if that big one I peed out a few years ago is some kind of world record with the guiness book guys. ;) I'd have to remeasure to know its dimensions, but its almost 3/4" long.

j

7. big pappa b

I guess I feel lucky ..somehow:screwy:

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! !!!

WHAT THE HELL??? 3/4" LONG??? How big do they get? What causes them? What prevents them? Is surgery an option? Assisted suicide?

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im joking here,,, but ill bet you were PISSED OFF when you saw that :rotfl:

10. jekbrown

poor urine chemistry is the problem, the calcium crystalizes out of your urine while still in the kidney and these crystals lump together and make big rocks. surgery is an option if you can't pee it out on your own. I had one bigger than a golf ball once... Im good, but even Im not peeing that out! lol. Anyway, they use sound waves to break up the stone. Sounds good. Unfortunately its not an exact science and sometimes damn big chunks are left over for you to pee out. Sucks. Lots of blood, blood clots, sand-sized pieces and every once in a while a whopper of a big one with jagged/sharp edges and everything. The surgery can also mess up your lower back somethin fierce. First time I got it, I had it done on both sides, I couldnt stand or walk or anything for 3 days. Mom had to help me go pee and everything... so I kinda know what its like to be a 98 year man. ;)

j

11. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you fished it out of the toilet, or the fact tht you took a picture of it and posted it on a message forum :confused:

12. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, save up about a dozen or so,

get a reloader fer yer 12 gauge shells,

load 'em up and you can use 'em on those "suspicious" fellars in another of yer posts.

Dust 'em with your own DNA!!!

'Ol fashioned stoning?

13. big pappa b

You're a sick man

I like it

but I don't want anymore

and I never touched it until it was rinsed off. You didn't have to look at the pic ...but you did :D

14. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

boss got them regular till a doctor told him to eat to bananas a day one in the morn and one at night. Said the vitamins from pills do not do the same to prevent them from reoccuring. But he would get a few every 3-6 months.:blush: We accused him of using this as an excuse and going on vaction.