Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

un-lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Jan 12, 2003.

I am thinking about taking the lift springs off my Suburban, and trying to go back to around original height. I dont reall take it off-road much, I really just drive it on the street most of the time. I dont want to go back to my 1/2 ton springs though. What would be a better option? Try to get some 3/4 ton springs out of bone yard (mine are 56" rear)? I'm really just looking for ideas/options before I commit to do it.

Thanks- Mat

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

UN lift? Whats that? Is that even legal? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. I knew that was coming. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Super Chevy

Super Chevy Registered Member

Can i have your old springs? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sorry I wasnt of any help, but man I COULDNT resist! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

how much lift do you have? I have 2 3/4 ton trucks (for parts) maybe we could trade? they are 3 leaf fronts, but don't know about rears. the trucks sit a little taller than 1/2 ton. it would ride stiffer. but i gotta ask also, why take out?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't understand wanting to lower it also. What size lift do you currently have ??? Lifted trucks look cool on the streets. If you apsolutly gotta drop it down some, Just get a smaller all springs lift.

7. Its a 4" Rough Country lift. All Springs, no blocks. I am taking the lift off because I am more than likely going to sell it, and it will sell easier at stock height, at least around here. Most people dont want to buy a lifted Suburban.

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think you could just get the 3/4 ton truck springs and go to it. I bet somebody here would love to trade you.

9. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

no one wants to buy a lifted sub eh???? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

-----how much do you want for it???? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll sell you my stock fronts that are taking up space in the garage /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

$50 if you want them. I'll even throw in a stock steering arm for $25 if you would like. I'm no help on the back end, I'd trade you my springs in a heartbeat, but they are 52's. If you need any other stock parts, let me know, I've got lots /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW, my fronts are the near flat military wrapped HD fronts.

11. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Is there a reason you don't want the 1/2 ton springs? Only reason I can see it is if you tow a lot, or want the slightly better "performance" you get on the street with the stiffer springs. The 3/4 ton springs ride a lot rougher unloaded than the 1/2 ton stuff.

I for one applaud you. Nothing worse than a lifted truck that never sees anything but pavement. All it does is make your wheelwells look ridiculously huge.

12. Dorian,

I dont want to go back to the saggy Sub look I had with my 1/2 ton springs. I prefer the 3/4 ton ones if I can find them. It already rides stiff with the current springs. Whats the point of lifting a vehicle only to look cool? Thanks for the support.

OffRoad, I put it up for sale locally, no takers yet. Otherwise its too difficult for the e-bay thing.

Mat

13. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I had the saggy K5 look, I went with add a leaves in the rear, problem solved. Nice cheap fix thats worked for months without any negatives except *maybe* a bit more squeaky /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif