Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Under Coating...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, May 8, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I have just gotten a new frame from the junk yard. I am going to sand blast it this week. I am planning to coat the frame and underside of the truck with either dupli color, or Rhino liner. Has any one used either of these? If so Which one do you think I should use?? Thanks

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Personally, I would use a high quality black paint on the frame and the liner for undercoating. Paint of the frame because of what bolts to it and paint not getting in the way because its not thick like the liner. Liner undercoating to help noise and bounce off rocks and other debri. Make sure all your fender drain holes do not get sealed up. Wish I had a shop to do the same, it's about time on the '73.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I got lucky and found a powdercoated frame with 3/4 ton suspension on it. I just wish I had the time to make the swap.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    Proud owner of an 88 Jimmy

4. Jamie

Jamie Registered Member

Right now I'm duplicoloring the underneath and inside of my tub and what a chore its been if it isn't sanded good enough or prepped good enough (wax and grease remover) that stuff just does'nt stick. Found out the hard way now iv'e done it twice. Good luck! (This tub isnt attatched either so I was able to roll it over and work on it)