Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Under Seige, Day 2

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Talked to my sources from the power company, we may get power back today, maybe tomorrow. I'm at the office right now. Came in early to plug in some of my rechargable essentials for work and my 10 million candlepower spotlight which is now my official heater of my house. It got down to 40 degrees in the house this morning, but wasn't too bad.

The roads are cleared, but the power line carnage is unbelievable. There are poles broke all over the place, lines down, swaying in the wind, covered in ice, laying in pools of water. Got a couple of pics, but have to wait until I get power back on at the house.

Hopefully the power comes back today or I may have to come to the office early tomorrow and use the jail laundry mat so I can have some clean Superman Underoos for my shift tomorrow night.:D

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

where's this at Bubba?

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

can't you read?

:rolleyes:

:D

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Western Oklahoma..................

5. 76zimmer

Nope, I sense whats on the screen.....:eek1:
    and not to well either.

Man it looks like you'll be staying below freezing too. You got a generator, or kerosene heater or anything like that?
    Water beds suck when the power is out more than a day or so. :(

6. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to worry "officer" In 1977 when we still lived in N.E. Colorado we had a little blizzard that took out 11,000 highline poles. Some people were nearly 3 months with out electricity. SO buck up boy 2 days ain't much!!!! :) :)

fred2mihi

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The cold hit us today. I've been out hanging chain link fencing in the crap. I'll warm up tonight with some adult beverage and my gas heater:D
    I can't believe that you live in OK and don't have gas heat......

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Boy my ass, I lived through that blizzard myself. Out of all the years that I've lived here, there is only one time that I can remember it being worse than this and it was that blizzard.:D

I have fire making devices along with lumber not doing anything and that's it. If it gets bad, well some of the Blazer Bash attendees know how I am with fire making devices, I'll have a big ****ing bonfire in the front yard. Well, I do have a stockpile of food, including donuts:D

There's a lot of places without heat, mostly newer homes. Unfortunately I rent. My dad, who is way out west of me where they got hit really hard has gas heat, but electric hot water heater. I've done without electricity for days on end before, it's no biggie, but that hot water though, that's the saving grace for me. Believe me, when we finally find a place to buy, it will be gas all the way around, especially since I want to be out in the countryside. I ran into a trooper at Love's when I was there earlier and all he is doing is transporting food from here to where my dad lives.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Back home in Cali we would lose power for at least 3-4 weeks out of the year. We would usually just go stay at my parents house since they had wood heat along with a wood cook stove that had a water tank built into it and the water was gravity feed from a 7000 gal holding tank. You couldn't take a shower but at least you could always take a hot bath have a hot meal and stay warm..........

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Sounds nasty.

At least Colorado generally is cold enough that ice storms are rare. We got that storm a day before you did and there was a lot of moisture in it, heavy wet snow. We had trees laying over touching the ground from the weight. I can only imagine the same thing in ice.

It's probably redundant but be careful out there.

11. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hell BOY, if you are just 34 you aren't hardly dry behind the ears. When you get old like dirt, as I am, you are just a boy! Smile Bubba Rae, I'm just funnin' ya.

fred2mihi

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

We have power back...............................:woot: :woot: :woot:

Just curious as to how long it will last. Still got lots of ice on the wires and it's supposed to get down to about 10....................:D

Age is just a number, a lot of times it doesn't tell people much about the experience........................:wink1:

Just because some hippy miswired their grow operation and caused the outage doesn't count:D

Time to head out and check out the outlying communities...........

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha:

14. 76zimmer

I wouldn't have guessed:haha: :haha: :haha: