Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

under the dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crash1369, Nov 12, 2006.

1. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

i am trying to change my truck to a stick, its an 88 4x4 blazer. ive allready got the trannsmission in all i have lest to do is hook up the linkage but i cant put the pedals in. i have the correct clutch/brake pedal but the braket they hook into is to small. can i just pull that braket out and make it bigger? more inportantly does anybody know how it comes out im not going to have to take apart my whole dash am i? thanks for the help

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You take off the master cylinder.brake booster , and then the whole shebang comes out from under the dash . The barkebooster/master cylinder studs are what holds it to the firewall ...... they are an assembly , and easiest to work as one .

Of course disconnect any wiring , and move a few things out of the way .

3. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like you just have the pedals,but you also need to change the part the pedal attaches to

Hydro clutch (Small).JPG

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, and having done just that I can tell you that dropping the steering column completely was the only way I could get the pedal hanger in and out. After struggling with it for a while I finally removed the drivers seat, disconnected the steering column and dropped it flat on the floor to get it out of the way. Guage cluster and all the other bits came out too...not an enjoyable job!!

rene

5. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

thanks allot guys, so i have to take out the brake booster and the pedal braket will come out, theres nothing on the inside of the truck? then i just take the other stuff out to put it back in? my braket does'nt look anything like the one in that picture, probably cuz its not hydrolic i guess? its only a through bolt that holds the two pedals, the one thats in there now just isnt wide enuff i could just take it out and make it wider right? sorry if im confuseing, if i need to i can take some pictures this weekend but i think we are all on the same page here, the truck is a half hour away though so i cant take the pics now sorry. anyway thanks again everybody :waytogo:

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ahh , you don't have the whole pedal assembly then . In that case you have to make it work . Look in the tech articles on the main ck5 home page , not forum page , for the manual swap article . He did it that way

7. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

thanks, anybody have a link possibly. i searched befor i started the project and didnt see anything to detailed but ill definatley check again.

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner