Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Underhood clutter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Sep 24, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The A/C on my truck was mostly missing when I got it. All I have left is the crap on the firewall (condenser?) I want to clean it all up and get rid of what I don't need. I thought I would check with you guys first in case there is a reason to leave all this stuff in or if there is anything to watch out for when removing all this crap[​IMG].

So, has anyone done this? I need more crap under the hood like a one-legged guy needs a bike.

Rene (no offence to one-legged guys [​IMG])

[​IMG]

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You really don't need any of that stuff if you are not planning on putting the A/C back on. I have the same predicment on my Nova, the only thing that I would suggest, that I need to do is make some sort of cover that I can screw over the vent (flap) as mine does not stay closed (although the cable on the inside doesn't work) and I can feel the heat from the motor, that is not so bad in the winter though. I am assuming that you are talking about the big plastic box that is on the passenger side firewall that has the accumulator (dryer) with hoses that are going to it. If your heater core is inside the firewall, there should be no problems. The pic is hard to see, but half of the box is gone on my car (headers wouldn't clear the box, and the A/C didn't work anyway), if you look to the left of the coil and to the right of the MSD box, there is that empty space. - Steve</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/DSC00008.jpg

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had a better look at the big plastic box last night while I was playing with my power steering pump and it looks like the heater box and A/C box are all in one. Maybe I'll have to find a heater box from a non A/C truck and swap it.

Rene

[​IMG]