Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unequal treatment for Chai Vang?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ugly_blazer, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I don't feel that Vang is being treated fairly. Where did he go? Why do we hear little to nothing from the liberal media about him? I did a google search and found very little, and what I did find was not anything recent. I searched Google Images for a picture of him and came up emptyhanded, yet a Scott Peterson image search yielded 2,210 results. Wait, could it be?, NO, I doubt that it could have anything to do with the fact that this time is was the minority who committed the crime. Meybe the animal loving media feels as if the white hunters were finally hunted, and got what they deserve for hunting innocent animals. Whatever the reason is I don't care. Vang murdered 6 people and injured 2 others. I would think that he would get more airtime than he has.

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

The media doesnt want to offend anybody. ****ing media:mad:

3. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

I was following that story at first because it seemed very odd to me and then it was like it just droped off the face of the earth. I guess there wont be any court tv specials or made for tv movies about this one.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I agree...his story has kind of vanished.

Here's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm an avid hunter and also live in Wisconsin. Thank God I was in the woods 300 miles from where this happened. All I can say is that if this happened to my hunting party of 6, I'd be running through the woods ready to unload my magazine, then reload and repeat. This guy should get the death penalty...if only Wisconsin allowed that. They're working on linking him to the shooting death of another Wisconsin hunter opening morning in 2001 (I think that was the year).

Now, back on track...I think the reason why his story has dropped from the headlines is that it's terrible publicity for Wisconsin and the sport of hunting. It has created more animosity towards the sport from the left-wing, anti-gun advocates. For this reason, I'm glad it has dropped out of the news. Also, I'm sure the family members of those killed/wounded have asked for a certain amount of privacy in the matter. I'm amazed they gave out so much information about the people involved as they did right in the beginning. No doubt these families want to see justice served on Vang, but there's a fine line between knowing what's happening with him, and constantly stirring up emotions of those families involved.

I'm sure we'll hear more as he is tried and sentenced.

If you want to read more, do article searches for "vang" and "chai vang" at www.jsonline.com. That's Milwaukee's newspaper which, being more local to the incident, may have more information than the national news networks.