Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

unexpected pulling feats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jun 14, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

i was just thinking about things that have happend while mudding at my house and the times when i didnt think that something could pull another truck out but it did.. or didnt... for instance when i was going though my tank with my blazer.....i was going though it when i ran out of gas in the middle. mud up to the frame water coming in the doors...my friend was able to pull me out with his stock z71 with a/t's and he had to go up a hill:bow: i didnt think he could because mine wasnt helping at all just sitting on the end of a strap in nuetral..( i was in it of course to hold the brake after i was out..)
    that truck has done some amazing things... pulled my brothers burban out of the tank too.. all of the water had dried up so he decided to try it with the burb. we got out a little ways and i told him he needed to be going faster because it gets soft in the middle.. right after i told him that it sunk. the bumper was pushing up mud.4"lift 33's at the time.
    i have had to pull every person out of the tank with my blazer except for one jeep.:doah: (because it was light and it seemed like it just rode on top of the mud) and i have had about 7 or 8 people out here chevys,f!^ds,jeeps,my friend with a toyo keeps saying he'll come but hasnt,dont think ive seen a dodge try it.
    now another guy with a tahoe 10" lift 38's wants to try it and im wondering what i would have to go though if he got stuck or if the little old blazer could do it.
    so anyways post up stories or something about what you have seen or what you have done in the past. later -sam-

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Not a truck story but I have a John Deere 2040 tractor. Weighs about 8k I think. Anyway, I was mowing roads preparing for deer season one year and needed to climb out of a low spot up about a 10ft. bank. The tractor would get about halfway up and just start to spin. I could not get enough speed (we are talking about a tractor) to make it and I was afraid it would bottom out if it kept spinning. I couldn't get a truck in to where the tractor was so the only option I had was to hook up my Polaris 500. All four tires were spinning but it was able to help just enough so that the tractor pulled on out. Kinda neat, something that weighs 500lbs. rescuing something that weighs 8000lbs. Actually, that 4 wheeler rescued that tractor another time too, but thats another story.

3. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Hey blaze, what part of San Antonio are you in? I live in San Marcos. Where do yall wheel at?

4. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

i live east south east san antonio. sort of. and we wheel at my house mostly. but we havent been able to lately because of the serious lack of rain.. there is a creek that runs through the place that you can drive though in a few places, a shallow tank, and i was working on a little pit but after i plowed it up it never rained. so i have to go over it with the tractor again or make it in another area.. the most fun place i think is the tank overflow spot. but if the mud and water are there chances are u cant go through the tank unless the person has a realllly high truck.
    where do you go? anywhere close to me? the blazer isnt street legal yet but as soon as it is ill be looking for local places or semi close places that is.

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

a guy I know has a 1997 dodge 1 ton diesel... 750 lb ft torque... 10" lift and 40" hawgs
    he pulled a deuce out of the mud :eek1:

6. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

ive seen a 2wd nissan frontier pull out a stuck crew cab Dmax

7. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I was wheeling in a creek with my friend when his front tire went off a ledge under water. I backed my truck up to him and got out the comalong and with just a little pressure from the comalong, he was able to back out.

Some times it doesn't take much.

river2.jpg

8. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

WOW I THOUGH MY OLE CHEVY FRAME FLEXED ALOT!!!! :haha:

9. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i hate to say it, but...

my friend's jeep w/ 2.5L 4 banger impressed me a bit. i'd been hitting the deep mud hard all day and didn't realize how much had gotten into my starter. pretty much cemented it up. so, once i shut it down at whataburger, it stayed that way. that little jeep dragged my k5 for about 20 miles (on pavement, of course). never made it to 50 mph, but still more than we expected.

that's ok, though. about a month later, he couldn't make it up a hill after me, so i dragged that 3000lb anchor through the rocky mess. paying him back for the tow, plus saving face a little. neither tow was incredible, but both surprised us a little.

10. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i had a stock c10 stuck to the frame in snow, a car pulled me out.

i pulled a jeep on swampers that was crossed up in some ruts with my samurai on 31s. i was pretty surprised that worked.

some much crazyness, so little memory.

11. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

kinda embarrasing but me and my brother went pitting and first hole in he goes through and i follow, but im off to the right a little more and fall into bigger ruts and i get hung up on both my pumpkins in about 1'-2' of water.maybe if i had a locker i couldve gotten out but since im poor im stuck...his s10 blazer pulled me out but i got him back tho...bent his frame:haha: