Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unhappy w/dissconnects *DELETED*

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 84k5, Jan 13, 2001.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 84k5

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 84k5

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 84k5

4. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Re: Unhappy w/dissconnects

There supposed to be very tight. You would'nt want any play in it would you. I carried a hammer with me and tapped them in and out. The jeep guys do the same thing.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56 <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.keith.coloradok5.com>http://www.keith.coloradok5.com</A>

5. Re: Unhappy w/dissconnects

Mine and others I know that run them work just fine... realize that disconnecting the sway bar is not a 'normal' function of the vehicle. A 'normal' function would be using the windshield wipers when it starts to rain, quick and easy. Disconnecting the sway bar should be planned in advance, before a big wheeling weekend (not just hitting a little mud on the way home from work). The sway bar prevents the vehicle from swaying... play in the disconnects would cause sway and eat the bushings in no time. The only way for these to fit is TIGHT!!!! I have greased mine and loosened the bolts that hold the sway bar to the frame and still have to use a crowbar and a hammer to get the pins out and move the bay up (WELL WORTH IT!!!). If you were thinking that these were like the 'quick' disconnects for a jeep, they are not... they are WAY better then those!!! I wheel with some jeeps... (sorry, company down here is slim to none....) and they don't even use their disconnects because they are such a pain to put back on. DON'T SEND YOURS BACK, just practice using them a little (it gets easier). Always make sure you are on level ground when disconnecting and reconnecting the sway bar. Good Luck!!

Jeff

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 84k5

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Post deleted by tRustyK5

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Great I'll buy it off you, or just give it to me......How about $25?

<font color=green> No machines are perfect!</font color=green>

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm not what's going on with this post, does anyone have copies of the originals? I'm interested in hearing the bad news too, then sort out the problems from the bs. I'm not sure how this all read, but if it was deleted, it was probably profane I would guess. Anybody know the gist of the conversation?

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

10. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Just that the dico's needed a hammer to undo and then link back up. I think the guy wanted to be able to do it with on hand and in 30 seconds. also, no one mentioned that the dico's allowed the sway bar to even be used, most of the time you can't get hooked back up after a lift is put in.

11. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I can sum it up for the most part. 84k5thought there was something wrong with his disconnects since the pins were so hard to get out. He finally got them out, but the bushing popped out, and he had some trouble getting it back in. He thought the pin was going to be very easy to pull out, I received mine yesterday along with my steering box brace, and the pin on the disconnects is hard to get in and out. 84K5 did want to send them back, but he figured out that in order for the swaybar to serve its purpose it needed to be in there tight. I think everything is Ok now.

Dawson
    88 K5

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have the disconnects on simply because they allowed me to use my sway bar with my 6" lift. Without the disconnects, the sway bar was on there loosely (only way I could get it on) and way basically dead weight.
    I have actually never disconnected the sway bar except to test it. But it's good to know I can if I need to.
    It would be a pain if you disconnected and reconnected it every day, but if you did, just carry a BFH and some gloves.
    -- Mike