Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unimog!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Saw this 'Mog parked in front of the Napa a couple days ago. Very clean and nicely restored-

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's pretty nice lookin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I have to go to Freightliner to get parts, they've had some cool mogs out front.
    Mercedes owns Freightliner now.
    The plow version was pretty cool.

4. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to go to Freightliner to get parts, they've had some cool mogs out front

[/ QUOTE ]

To get engine parts or parts for the truck? I work parts at Freightshaker in Denver and we have no ability here to look up Mog stuff. Engines yes, but not truck parts for mogs.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I work for Volvo/Mack.
    We get parts from them because they have Detroit stuff.
    Mercedes owns Freightliner
    Mogs are Mercedes.
    So here in P-town Mogs are sold at Freightliner.

6. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Mercedes now owns truck engine side of Detroit.. Detroits now the main engine for Freights. That's weird, we don't sell anything smaller than an Fl60 or the new M2. All medium truck duty. Used for city trucks, trash trucks, firetrucks etc.. That freightliner must have sales manager that wants to get into the smaller vehicles. Damler must have gave them the software to do parts for the mogs..

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I work for Volvo/Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

You can keep those trucks up there. Our Volvo dealership went by by and now we get every Volvo in the sun getting worked on here. Mack still has a shop here so thank god I don't have to worry about those, but we still get the occasional one pass through here.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I saw a unimog at a county fair (national gaurd rig) that had a front end loader and a backhoe on it!! I thought it would be the ultimate parking lot plow rig,and the hoe would be handy for doing foundation work in the good weather.The one I saw looked like it was brand new--but they said it was a mid 60's model.I want one!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Y'all know mercades came out with the m so farmers could have one vehicle to plow a field then drive to town right? They have god knows how many implements that can be attached either front or rear, anything from a backhoe to a ditch-mower. The WMS straddles two rows of potatoes. Just think, one of the badassest trucks ever produced was made for farmers /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That makes sense really, back in the old days companies made high quality vehicles aimed at farmers because they knew they had to work well, be reliable and last forever.

11. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You can keep those trucks up there. Our Volvo dealership went by by and now we get every Volvo in the sun getting worked on here. Mack still has a shop here so thank god I don't have to worry about those, but we still get the occasional one pass through here.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Being that I have to work on em I am not biased.. I hate all trucks equaly.
    Everyone of em is a PITA in their own way.
    Take the FL 112 for example, a Mercedes cabover with a conventional hood added on. That rig is a screaming PITA to do anything on. Europeans are a funny bunch. They build rigs without thinking about that things do break on them and will have to be replaced.
    Somes days I think I must have been out of my mind to decide on this line of work, but on the bright side I only have 35 more years to go. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif