Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

******* United Parcel Service!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[rant on]Bought a set of 3/4 ton rotors/hubs/backing plates from a guy. UPS delivers two boxes, first one real heavy, and the driver brings it up to the door. Second box, driver hands to my wife, says he don't know what's in it, but it sure is light, and is gone in about 0.25 seconds. No **** it's light, it's ****ing EMPTY! The other rotor and backing plate were supposed to be in the second box, that is CLEARLY marked 50 LBS on the UPS label. Obviously the damn thing came out of the box between here and Tennessee. How can these people be so ****ing stupid is beyond me.Time to clean the guns.................[/rant off]

John

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

did it get insured?

3. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Did you sign for it?

File a claim on it.

Call UPS and file a claim. They have to either buy you a new one or reimburse you for the full price if you didn't sign for it. And I mean you, the person whose name it was being shipped to.

If you did sign for it, then it may be harder to get something from them, but just keep at them and they should do it.

and for anybody who gets things shipped to them, ALWAYS CHECK THE ITEM BEFORE SIGNING! I've worked for freight carriers for a while now and I cannot stress that enough. The delivery guy can wait a few minutes while you check the item. It's his job. And if anything is wrong, either refuse it or write it on the paper that you sign so that later on you can file a claim if you need to.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

maybe it was the jackass who didnt make sure the box was strong enough, let alone taped up enough to not break open.....

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Already filed a claim, and no, it wasn't signed for.

John

6. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's always pissed me off the way they handle merchandise. When I ordered my axles from porc last month, they had them drop shipped from somewhere in Alabama. Well the guy in Al. did a fine job packing them up. I hear the ups truck pull up and next thing you know, I hear a thud that sounds like axleshafts hitting the ground. Sure enough, two stubs were sticking out the side of the box and had been beat pretty good. I'm glad UPS saw fit to just toss them around.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That right there should make all the difference. Everytime the UPS stops here they have me inspect the box, wheel it to the garage, then hand me the signoff pad.

If you didn't sign then you didn't acknowledge your acceptance.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You sure do cry alot John:wink1:

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just look for the guy with the broken toes.:eek1:

10. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Registered Member

United Parcel Smashers

11. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

lol 50 lbs of metal in a carboard box, i wouldn't expect a crisp package when it arrives.

12. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

When I worked at UPS we called it oops just like reading the letters out.

The reason you have problems is the guy putting it in a trailer is doing it at 7-11 pm after drinking all day. When it gets to it's destination it is unloaded by a guy at 3-6 am who stoped drinking at 12-1 am. It is then loaded into a package car by a guy who dosn't care about being careful with anything that isn't his because he is doing the part time job just to get the benifits (he might have been drinking too).

I feel bad for the driver cause from our point of veiw at home it's his fault. When he is the only one totaly sober and doing the job to pay his bills and feed his kids:doah:.

Oh well now you know why I left. I don't drink or like being accused for other peoples mistakes.:rolleyes:

Get insurance on anything you can't afford to give away.