Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

United93

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrk5, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm listening to Glen Beck talk about that new movie United93.

How many are going to go see it?

I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I think I might actually end up crying like a baby. Ever since the events of 9/11, the story of Flight 93 has gotten to me the most. Just thinking about what those people did gets me choked up everytime. I just can't imagine being in their places.

I just don't know if I could make it. I'll probably wait for the DVD, don't need to be crying in front of strangers.:o

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I think I'll pass, I still get angry remembering the TWA hijack in 85.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if my wife will go (50/50) I'll see it in the theater. I like how it doesn't have a lot of big high profile hollywood types in it. Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise being passangers would have ruined it. The real story was about regular joes fighting back... so with casting anyway, they did a good job.

j

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

no desire to see it

my views of the events arent popular
    so ill keep them to myself

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I will NOT watch that movie. Many reasons for that decision.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'll probably see it when it comes out on video. I don't remember the last thing I saw in a theater. Some of the family members were on Hanity & Combs the other day talking about it. They seemed pleased, that made me feel good.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Can't decide yet. Definitely not in the theatre though, for the same reason Scott mentioned. I'm kind of torn on it, seems a little soon plus I don't think they should have even written a script until all of the flight recordings were released so that they could at least try to give an accurate description of what took place on that flight.

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I think I'll go see it,,and I'm positive I will cry,,, but hell anyone that doesn't,,,

doesn't have any pride in America,,when I think of the overwhelming odds those passengers were against and rose up against these ****ers they took their fate into their own hands and stood up for all of us. They knew it was not going to end nicely,,,but it was going to be on their terms.

My American pride stands tall for the family's of these men and women and any tears I shed in public will pale in comparison to the tears shed by their familiy's,,,I think every one should see this movie,,,

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I don't know about too soon. During WWII they were making moves while the war was going on. It will be five years this fall.

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

The move is very unrealistic. Based on some cell phones calls, not from any real evidence such as the recorders.

So, it's essentially just a made-up version of what some people think might have happended based on no concrete envidence.

NOPE, not gonna see it.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, but movies about a war between armed military combatants and one about the worst terrorist attack on civilians are two different things. Especially when the facts of the flight have been kept under wraps.

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm not real keen on the idea of a movie being made by the present Hollywood mob about 9/11. As you may have noticed, it's a subject that's near-and-dear to me... and it seems a little "seedy" for them to make a movie about UA93, when all the general public knows about what really happened on-board is some cellphone transcripts that the families have released.

I don't much like the idea that a bunch of Hollywood f**kfaces are gonna make $$$ on this, so I'm not gonna give 'em my money.