Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unknown Driveline problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKE, Aug 31, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Here is all the details i can think of.
    The truck was running great for months, I go on vacation and let it sit for about a month. When I return she starts right up and gives me no problems. That same day I pick up a set of new 35s and have em mounted. everything is still good. The next morning I am about to leave on a 300mile trip and the idle is very high and the mixture supper rich. I make a quick adjustment to the idle and mixture and a small advance on the timing. I continue the trip without problem, infact she ran great over the pass and all, just a little slugish off the line. By the time I get to my destination she is real sluggish off the line, sometimes. The next morning I can't get her to move at all, in low i can get her to budge and then take off. I make a small run, barly able to get going after a light, but it seems to get better with time. Once I get going it is fine. I tried to tune it up again but no luck. Help me figure it out.
    BTW. I am in the middle of moving and starting school and my computer is broke so it sucks now.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i had a problem like this on a friends firebird. look at ur carb and give it gas slowly, if the choke comes on slowly to compensate, then either ur carb is bad or mayb a dirty fuel cleaner. u could try somethin like sea foam from napa or another cleaner. it doesnt sound too serious

NITRO

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Long time no see budy.
    The choke was slow to open, and i cleaned her up but it did not improve the problem. I tried to drive it around a bit and also noticed that it was running at a really high rpm through all the gears to have any power at all. This is a new development as of today.

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I heard that a clutch going out could be the problem, how can i check?

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

does the engine run ok if ya know what i mean?? if the clutch slips then the engine will go kinda high then when it catches the RPM's will come back down to where they should b. if ya can, get on aol sometime and ill talk to ya more in detail on there

NITRO