Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unknown Lift Kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kiqman, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Kiqman

Kiqman 1/2 ton status

I bought my Blaze with a lift already installed. Blocks in the back and taller leafs in the front. I know this just from looking at stock vehicles from the same year. My questions is...how do I know how much lift I have? Any way to measure or tell who manufactured the front replacement leafs? Should I ditch the blocks in the rear and go with taller leafs instead? I'm 75% on-road and 20% off-road (5% in the garage).

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

measure the blocks in the rear, chances are that is how much lift you have. Unless its a spring/block combo.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

IMO, if the lift is the right height, and it handles well enough for your needs, don't mess with it. There are 1000's of rigs on the road w/ blocks in the rear and they are fine. In fact, most Dodge and Ford 1 ton trucks come from the factory w/ blocks in the rear. If they are installed correctly, there is nothing wrong with them. If you don't like them, then there are a couple different ways to go. 1 way is a lifted spring, another is a shackle flip kit.

AFA how to tell what brand lift you have, I have no idea there. I am in same boat as you with my front springs. I think they were made by I-Beams-R Us. I swear I'd get a better ride/flex out of a solid chunk of steel. :p: :(

The best thing to do is take your time, do some research, and THEN decide what you want.