Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

unlimited fiberglass??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Jun 30, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever bought any fiberglass from them, if so how did you like them? Was there a lot of prep work or did they come pretty straight? I am considering buying the cowl hood they have. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I have one and the quality sucks. First of all when I got it, it had small hairline cracks. After installation, I noticed it didn't fit like the stock hood. It doesn't match the top of the fenders or the grill. There's a huge gap where it meets the cowl. My body shop had to spend more time prepping it which meant more $$$ for me. It would of been cheaper buying a Harwood. I have to admit it's much lighter than the stock hood though and I think the cowl helps a little with performance and keeping the engine cooler. What ever brand you get, stay with a framed hood so you can use the factory springs and latches.

Shawn
    87 K5
    Unlimited Fiberglass hood