Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unplugging Power Windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 13, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Whats the easiest way to disconnecet a power window wiring harness?

I have an '80 with worn motors and I have regular doors to put on. I dont want to cut the wires, since I want to be able to put PW back in later on.

Thanks.

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

They are plugs under the dash on each side of the truck, at least there was on my 86 jimmy. They are up there a little ways, and the drivers side is a little harder to get to.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Why not just rebuild the motors

4. mountainexplorer

Ok, thanks for the info. I was just too lazy to do wire tracing the other day. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mountainexplorer

The doors are pretty beat up. The drivers side has a bunch of bondo covering a dent and the glass never did roll up right. The pass. side door has rust in it.

I have two straight doors that are manual windows and door locks. I wonder how hard it is to transfer all the power window bracketry and motor into non-power doors?

6. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I'm going the opposite of what you're doing. My 78K5 has manual doors and looks, and I'm transfering the power windows/locks from a 79 pickup. So far, getting everything out has been easy. I've replaced the manual regulator before in the passenger door. Comparing the two, I don't see any problems doing the swap, my way or yours. Hope this helps.

7. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

What are you doing with all the old stuff?? I have electric windows and door locks and hate them!!!! I just want a manual crank window!!! I'll take that old stuff if you don't want it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif