Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

unsolicited testimonial

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Sep 5, 2001.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

went out to frank raines for a few hours on saturday, and scratched the bejeezus outta my truck. it's not a trailer queen, but it has decent black paint. when i left the park, it looked like someone had dragged a dirty pushbroom down the side.
    so today, i kinda half-assed washed it off, then used TurtleWax ColorMagic. Freakin wow. i can still see the scratches, but only the deep ones, and they aren't nearly as visible.
    i highly recommend the product.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha, What you don't like custom pin striping?? That sure was a bushy area we went thru! See for me the scratches add to my paint job and thats a good thing!
    Wash? you wash your K5? Shoot I can't remember the last time mine got soap...[​IMG]
    Hey is was cool to finly meet ya!!
    See ya on the trail

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Try using some rubbing compound like 3M Perfect-it or finishing compound like 3M Finesse-it. Test them (especially the Perfect-it because it is more heavy duty) on an inconspicuous area though to make sure it doesn't take off too much paint. It should be able to remove the scratches if they aren't that deep. The Finesse-it will give it a good shine.

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Well I to got some pretty nice pin striping, on Sat a FR. a scratch here and there, a couple of dents here and there.... But it was all worth it. I had a great time, tested my new toys and got to meet all a yall. Delta I didn't remember going that rout earler in the day. But I'll tell ya some of mine are Deep too.

Good luck in getting the rest out...

KEN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Shoot mine still has mud on it from Prarie City!!!!!!!!!!

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>http://www.extremeblazer.com</a>