Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Unstuck a Land Rover with my Tahoe...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stu454, Sep 22, 2003.

1. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Went camping this past weekend with my buddy Hagan. Within two hundred yards of the campsite there were several mud pits, bogs and berms. I did okay in the '98 two door Tahoe with Dueler ATs. Had to back out of the same pit twice but I always managed to find a way out. Hagan Land Rover Disco was another story. Same tires as me, slightly smaller though.

He became bogged down in two seperate mud pits and it fairly humbled him when I pulled him out. It was disheartening for him to realize that his Disco was not invincible. 'Course now he's thinking about BFG MTs, a winch and maybe a lift (funny, so am I!).

Also, I love driving through hoighty-toighty Buckhead with about 15 pounds of mud spread all over the truck. Most SUVs around here don't even go onto gravel, much less mud as thick as a prehistoric tar pit. That hole that I had to back out of had me a little concerned. I thought that archaeologists might find my truck encased in the fossilized mud in a few thousand years!

Stu

2. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

I unstuck my friends disco a while back. Even with his old man emu suspension, winch, and mud tires, the mud was tood much for the disco. My tahoe did fine and I went back and forth through the mud several times just to rub it in! The British theroy of skinny tires to cut down to the bottom of the mud dosen't seem to work real well around here! - especially in deep mud. Discos suck in my opinoin! But, hot buckhead bit$#es seem to love them and they sell like hotcakes in our area.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's allright. My Buddies D90 has saved me any my truck. I about went off the side of a loong hill when I salled out and slid backwards. That Same D90 just ran most of Moab on 33's and 2 inches of lift. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, but D90 vs Disco, and don't forget the yellow factor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But, hot buckhead bit$#es seem to love them and they sell like hotcakes in our area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, when I go out in Buckhead for dinner or whatnot, you can't swing a dead squirrel without hitting three Disco's.