Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upcoming visit to calgary alberta canada...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by azblazer, Jul 26, 2006.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a warning to the canadian ck5 members...the chalet and i will be in calgary sometime late saturday or early sunday am. I work for directional plus who's head quarters are loacted in calgary on 9160-52nd St. Se. I'm waiting on an email from corp as to what hotel i'll be in the first week i'm there as there are some classes i have to take before i can work in the patch out there. I'm coming up for advanced training on our mud pulse and gamma tool we use on directional wells. I'll be around for a month or two and the chalet being somewhat of a rarity should not be that hard to spot. It kinda sticks out like a sore thumb...lol. Canmore says if i thought they were rare in the states they are like hens teeth in canada. Hope to meet some of you as canmore and i are going to get together for dinner or something while i am there....my cell number is 970-250-3800.

DW

2. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

right on......the address of my yard is 9307 - 52ST SE

Academy Services division of Nabors Canada

You can't miss the 2 triple subs in the yard Nabors 680ac & 681ac

3. azblazer

Geez...thats like what...a mile up the road from our shop? Lol...small world.
    Just got word my hotel is for 2 weeks...and its addy is 9206 MacLeod Trail 5...have no idea what hotel it is as of yet...still workin details between canada and our casper office then it filters down to me. I just gotta unpack the camper and repack it with a smaller version of the what i normally take to the field out here. Which means i'll be leaving my office chair at home....lol.

DW

4. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

5. azblazer

Went to the wrong one the first time...something about lack of sleep.
    Room 632...can't miss the chalet in the parking lot. Gonna grab a shower and go get some grub. Found our shop...its not up the road from you...its right across the street from you...lol. I'd like to see those triples...got any spare floor motors you can send down to 941...the first motor doesn't run a rad cap as it leaks right out the damn head...they are going to pin hole a liner soon enough...

Do you have a pivot pin remover for a steering column?

DW

6. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

If you've got computer access right on........I left a message on your room phone as well, I got yours. i was crashed out after my shift on Sat. I'm on 12s going on day 7. only 3 more to go. I'll get ya over to the house for some drinks. I'm about 10 minutes from the shop....south on Deerfoot. The derrick is going on 681 soon, they wanted to stand the sub up last week. You can probably see our coiltube yard too from your shop. theres 3 coiltube masts up in the south yard right now.

no I've never have a tilt column apart.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

And where, pray tell, is my phone call??? :confused:

:rotfl:

I'll be home from work between 4:30 and 6 tomorrow, depending on how may day goes. If I'm not home when you phone, give Kim the number where you can be reached, Doug.

8. azblazer

Alright already...geez. I went to bed last night around 3 am...and i slept like rip van winkle...it must have been 7-8pm before i came to. I left my house thursday night around 8 thanx to the frinkin ups dude....got to casper around 330 am and took a brief nap. Visited with the boss and went to lunch...then i headed out again...didn't stop till i hit the border and the lil nazi turned me around due to imigration issue's...so i drove down the road and pulled off at the ranch exit and passed out till 9amish....hard to sleep next to the train tracks for somew reason.

I thought you were going to your land this weekend?

Anyways...Travelodge....403-253-7070 Rm 623.

And can someone clue me into the gas prices up here? 115.2 per canadian gallon or is that per liter...if so is it going to cost me 2 grand to fill the blazer up?

DW

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  9. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

ya all posted prices are per liter..................3.7 liters per US gallon

10. azblazer

Whats up with all the sea gulls....

DW