Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Updat on an Update:Pissed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nate87k5, Jun 28, 2000.

1. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

Well took the truck into the A/C shop today to get the Freeze-12 taken out of my truck. Since the Freeze-12 has been in my truck the A/C has been working ok but not like I think it would if it had freon in it. So the shop was going to vacuum out all of the Freeze-12 out and replace it with R-12. Well I was there for about an hour or so and when they were done they brought out my truck and said that my Compressor was now leaking. They showed me a huge amount of oil next to the compressor. It was dripping out all over the place with the green die in it. To say the least I was very upset because I know for a fact that it wasnt leaking when I brought it in. I argued with them about it and they basicly said there was nothing they could do for me. That the compressor was old (which it isnt. replaced 2 years ago) and needed to be replace. They told me that they wouldnt help with the compressor. Of couse I got pissed because they put the wrong stuff in my system and I questioned if that stuff screwed up my compressor. The co-owner go so pissed at me because I questioned this he hit my truck with his fist and put a small dent under the hood. All I did was ask them what they were going to do about the problem. And was told to get the compressor fixed and come back. They wouldnt even offer to help fix the compressor. I am so pissed off about this whole situation and have now I idea what to do. I feel I have no recourse.

2. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I would go freaking psycho on him. He hit your truck! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Match + Gas + Building = Revenge

hehe

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

3. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

There is always something you can do, I would start with the Better Buisness Beurou. They will look into this and just hearing they are being notified changes the attitude of some buisnesses, they don't want to be given a bad rating by them. I know you hate to hear this but I'd take them to court, I've read all of your posts and you are being taken advantage of. If you have any lawyer friends have them make a call to the buisness inquiring about the incident all professional like and quoting times and problems you have had. Thats the best I can tell you I have used both ways and have had satisfaction both times. By the way, DO NOT go back there pissed off, or threatening in any way or you will not have a leg to stand on if the judge does have to hear this case. Good luck.

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

He hit your truck I thank a linching is in order I got the rope you got a tree

[​IMG]Go prepared

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well from past experience if you paid by credit card you can put a stop payment on the charge and your credit card will sort of mediate the issue. I won a battle like this with a certain jet ski shop on cave creek and bell years ago and they basically lost a $500 dollars. The cc co. required a written statement by a 3rd party...in my case another dealer who found and fixed the problem...a simple crack in the fuel tank...and not the carb and intake they sold me. The better buisness buero would be the next step and if there was a witness to the dent he put in your hood i would contact a lawyer and sue his a--!!! Hope this helps!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

6. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

I agree with everything above. I am taking law classes now, and you will get the better end of this situation if you keep your cool and take certain steps to set this punk straight. Basically, make a list of what happened in order as well as when and where he damaged "your property" for no legitimate reason. Talk with a lawyer about recovering your money and/or getting your truck fixed. As long as you have your bases "covered" this guy will and/or should have to fix your compressor correctly AND pay to have your truck fixed. Who knows, depending on how good of a lawyer you can get he may be made to pay for your time away from work, lawyers fees, etc. The Better Business Bureau should definitely know about this situation.

Chevy's RULE!

7. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Nate be cool, . I would take them to small claims court for the ac job they ripped you on and for the dent. customers usually do pretty well against a business, also see if you can find anyone else that got rapped by them, try some kind of a class action law suit against the shop. Or at least team up with other people that got suckered by them.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think it's time to open a Can-o-WhoopAss!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

9. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

More like a 55 gallon drum and pour it all over 'em.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy