Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!! Update !! 402 Swap complete! ~PICS~

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Yanked my 350 out last night...Gonna swap the 402 in this weekend. Wish me luck! If any of ya'all get the urge to go for a drive, You are more than welcome to come give me a hand...Beer on me! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: 402 big block transplant this weeked.......

we really need to get you down here. this 3+ hr. drive is killing us /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Good luck, Joe... may the motor swap gods smile down upon you.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I told ya Joe..I want be around those parts till Thanksgiving. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Good Luck!

5. Zeus33rd

HOLY HORSE POWER BATMAN!! Swap was a success. Did everything by myself, so it took me all weekend. Had to fab up a way to mount the larger radiator. When it finally camer time to turn the key for the first time, It popped and farted and back fired, wouldn't start. After scratchin my head and tinkerin for a couple hours, I finally discovered that I had the distributor in 180 degrees backwards. Flipped it around and after a bit of turning it to get the timing right..It fired right up. And I must say...Holy Horse Power Batman!! Ran out of daylight before I could get the mufflers welded on, so it was loud as hell, and I have to figure out a way to mount the kick down cable bracket....But WooHooo!! I think I woke up everyone with in a mile of my house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Check out the first 5 pics in the gallery. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll have some pics of the finished install tommorrow....It got to dark to take pictures tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Holly horse's batman...LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThat is cool joe,so you should be set soon for the mud...huh..Glad to see that it went with out to much hassle...later mike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Also a little more like

HOLY CUBIC INCHES... BATMAN

That thing is a beast. Looks good.
    CONGRATS!

KEN

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's killer dude! Good job! Have ya taken it for a ride around the block yet?
    Does that mean you're gonna be able to see what that big block has got in the sand at pismo? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, just curious... but why'd you paint your engine <font color="pink"> Pink </font color> ? Don't cha think chevy orange or just plain black would be better? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif LOOKS GOOD!
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Round 1 *Ding,Ding*

goes to Ryan B /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Look's good Joe. What would say the diff in power is? 25% more? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. Ryan B.

someone in the garage pointed out ...
    "Where's the Flywheel!?!?!?"
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifBwahahahaha!

I've done that before. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif start to get the motor mounts bolted up and the bolts in the tranny started before realizing we forgot the flywheel. LOL!
    I hope Joe realized before we point it out from the pictures. So how far did ya get before you took it back out to torque down the flexplate? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Congrats man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hope ya have a lot a fun now!
    Bill

13. Zeus33rd

LOL! Funny ya mention the flex plate.....I only got it about half way lowered into the engine compartment before I noticed....About 10 minutes after I took the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    As for the cruise around the block.......OMG...Eric.....I'd say the HP difference is atleast 100% more....My SB was rated at 160 HP in '76. It was soooooo tired before I yanked it....I guessin it was in the low 100's for HP....I asked Scott what his guess was on the HP for the BB...He guessed around 300+...Gonna have to buy stock in Exxon though. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Hey kid, I say a bunch of us Chevy junkies get together and just take over one of those oil producing countries, and if they don't like it we'll just leave some Swamper prints on their little faces and take it any way /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Zeus33rd

Hell yeah! So, When do we leave? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I'm cocked, locked, and ready to rock Doc!! Lets go play in their little sand box! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Ryan B.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hell yeah! So, When do we leave?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Joe- we're leaving for Pismo friday morning. Pole 5!

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif