Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATE! ALL USERS OF CK5.com !$587 raised! WE DID IT!!! w00t!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Mar 13, 2003.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Dear ColodardoK5.com users,

As many of you know, we have been exceeding our bandwidth allotment for some time now. We are allotted 55 GIG per month, but with over 3 MILLION views a month, we have been running at 107 GIG per month. Because of the overage, Steve Fox has been incurring an additional cost of $4.00 per MB of bandwidth. We continue to grow, exponentially it seems, as the world finds out that this is THE place for Full Size GM wheeling information.

There is a plan that the Host’s of CK5.com have for 250 GIG of bandwidth per month. This will save Steve money every month and still allow for growth. The issue is that the Host company requires a $575.00 upgrade service charge. Here is where we the people of ColoradoK5.com come in.

Just as I have done with the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs Holiday Food Drive, I will be opening up my PayPal account to donations for the cause. My PayPal account address is pookiebear4x4@hotmail.com I will pay all credit card charges, so if you donate $10.00, $10.00 will go to the Coloradok5.com fund. If you do not use PayPal, PM me for my address.

Please donate even just a dollar. Every bit helps, and collectively, it adds up. The deadline is MARCH 31, so that we can get the new bandwidth allotment.

Thanks for your time and commitment to keep ColoradoK5.com up.

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: ATTN: Anyone who has ever been a user/member of ColoradoK5.com!

Just sent you over $10.00 to help out with the ck5 upgrade.

Assuming this is authorized by Steve ofcourse, otherwise I'll be paying you a visit for my $10 back /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This email confirms that you sent $10.00 to pookiebear4x4@hotmail.com.

------------------------------
    Payment Details
    ------------------------------

Amount: $10.00
    Transaction ID: 0YY93893UM6060843
    Subject: Coloradok5 Upgrade Fund

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i get paid next tues and i'll gladly donate. this site has become a way of life for me and i would hate to see it fall apart.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I put this up in the Knuckle.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> With the number of users that use this site, if everyone chipped in just one dollar then it would be done in no time at all. </font>

6. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Ok, send me back 9 bucks please!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thank's guys, Zakk, I changed the MEG to GIG, I wish we were only useing 107 MEG per month. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    The new server will more than double are allowable bandwidth which is good, more expensive per month but will allow much needed room for growth.

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thank's guys, Zakk, I changed the MEG to GIG, I wish we were only useing 107 MEG per month. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    The new server will more than double are allowable bandwidth which is good, more expensive per month but will allow much needed room for growth.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Zakk, I just gave $20 the other day. I'll try to sneak a little more cash out of the wife's purse soon.

Also I would like to chip in to help you cover the expenses. I'll talk to you about it later.

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Just donated 20 clams. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

damn i thought that if you make a paypal account you get an auto 5 dollar bonus for siging up but it seems you have to create a checking account and put like 250 in it or some crap

12. Silver84k5

ok i just sent in 10 bucks too, ill be buying some stickers from ck5 store too... hope it helps.

13. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Just sent you some coin aswell. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Wouldn't want to live without CK5.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Just sent my ten dollars through...will try to send more in next couple of paychecks...but if the Fiance' gets mad I'm sending her your way.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Let's just hope that more people can spare some extra cash to help out too.(hint, hint) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I am glad to do what I can to save a great community like this..Thanks for the site Steve... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

15. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I get payed soon ans as Steve knows, I'll be buying about $100 worth of stickers and stuff for the rig to use in the calender and so on, but does anyone here realize what's going on??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ONLY MEMBERS ARE SUPPORTING THIS SITE!!!!!! WE ARE PAYING FOR EVERY BLUEBIE TO HAVE FREE ACCESS!!!!!!

I support this site in full, but the blindness that is portrayed by some of us memebrs is starting to grate on me..... Why should us memebrs pay for 3 million non paying viewers to use this site daily...... Why isn't this site shut down to mambers only and the rest can view only....... I might not know alot about bandwidth, but to simply visit a site shouldn't cost much..... It's the constant posting from nonmembers that fail to support this site at all!!!! Every raffle idea, donation idea, and giveaway idea I've seen has been only supported by members!!!!! The bluebies will never share a dime or support this site until you take there rattles away from the cry babbies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

That's all. I'm just tired of the ignorance...... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    I get paid on Monday, I'll donate then....
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifSteve, look for my order soon! Thanks

16. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

some MOOLA is on it's way.

i hate to think of losing this place, what the hell would i do all day at work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

COMON lets not turn this into another bitch thread. lets just show our support

18. Silver84k5

I hear ya brother, but if it takes the Orange people stepping up and keeping the site alive then so be it, Im not gonna look down on anyone if they are blue or orange, i dont know anyones finacial situation, but on the other hand, i know there are people here that can afford to toss up even 5 dollars, maybe they just dont want to take the time to do so. oh well, this site has been good to me, i met a real good wheelin buddy on here, and have even made a little money by sellin some stuff, so i have no prob tossin 10 bucks in the pot, now if i can figure out how to order stickers theres another 10 bucks...... but im computer retarded some times.

19. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

Man it would suck to lose this place
    My money is on the way

20. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

First, I'm not Ranting,(maybe a little), but I'm mearly pointing out the facts that some of us(no names) aren't willing to realize! Us members keep trying to pay for everyone that won't cash up, You can't tell me that there's 5000 unemployed ck5 users!!!!!! It's just plain facts, nothing is free forever and this site is sucking Steve dry........ $12,000 !!!!

Here is where you get stickers:
    OffCamber.com
    I just wish we would open our eyes, that's all.....
    I will donate as soon as I get paid! Thanks for the thought and later!