Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**UPDATE*** ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by wayne, Apr 26, 2004.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Not sure where to begin this post but if I babble please bear with it.

I'm getting sick of the politics involved with the club I belong to. Being an officer in it is fine but I'm sick of them making one decision and then changing it. Also with the UCP ride they think they can make decisions without Donna or I being notified about it and then get pissed when we change things. The bottom line is the UCP ride is Donna's brainchild. They have there own little core group and the rest of us it's like screw you we do what we want. Anyhow all Donna and I want to do is get our junk trail ready and wheel. Screw all the politics, all the bs, and just have fun, after all that is why we all do it.

Basically I want to start a new club without all the crap. Bad part is I can't do it on my own. I need a lot of help getting things up and running if we do this. Here is a start of a list of things/ideas I have.

1. We will need our own website. For now we can use this forum untill it is up and running.
    2. I want it to be open to any 4wd vehicle from stock to tube buggies.
    3. We will need officers but the whole club makes the decisions not just the officers.
    4. We need a name.
    5. We need a webmaster to keep the website going.
    6. We need money for the website. In all reality that is the only thing money is needed for. This will come from dues. What we can do with any extra money is put it back in for club functions.

I'm sure there is a ton of things I left out but I think everybody can see where I am going with this. If there is enough interest we will give it a go. Lets hear any ideas on what you think.

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif well i am in in some form if you would like

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif well i am in in some form if you would like

[/ QUOTE ]

Patric, you, Pete, Jim, Boss, and others that are here are like family. Without you guys the first UCP ride would not have happened and to be honest I had more fun the first year then last year. We are going to bring it back in 2005 with a whole new attitude. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Dang! I just paid my KK dues.

Let's do it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'll be a paying member, can't say I'd be any good at anything else but hey I'm in.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I. I'm not quitting the Krawlers but I plan to resign my officer position and just wheel. I do have a lot of good friends there. My whole beef is just with some of the officers and they way they are tring to run things.

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll be a paying member, can't say I'd be any good at anything else but hey I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Dues will be kept to a minium. Once the ball is rolling we will know the cost.

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me to last month but i think i will still see some of the prople ther

and a name ---- well the <font color="blue"> The East Coast Crawlers </font> is avable and it will be open to all the states just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

This is the responce I got in the officers forum on the Krawler site when I said the ride was being held off untill next spring.

I deleted this.

10. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Wayne,
    seems like a lot of drama going on there. I see where you're coming from, and I see where they're coming from.

None-the-less, You can count me in on the new club. I plan on quiting my bartending job in Jan. 05, so I should have more time next year to devote myself to wheeling, etc.
    I was planning on, atleast considering, joining a club next year anyway, so why not this one right?

As for dues, an idea could be: any left over, we should put it into a few sponsored runs (like UCP), to reduce the cost of attending, atleast to the members. make sence?

That way, those runs will get a good turn-out at the very least. Just an idea...

Lastly, as for Club Name, how about:

"bEastBound Beaters"?

Boss

11. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

Wayne , now i know i am new , and i really honestly dont know what the VCP run is. But like i said earlier i was probably going to look to join a club soon.i like you just want to wheel and have fun wheeling with individuals who also just want to have fun. As a outsider looking in I don`t like all the politics.This is the kind of thing that tore my dads streetrod club apart. a few individuals started getting pushy then it went downhill from there.Well if this is the kind of thing that happens in the Krawlers i don`t want in . if it means anything, you can count me in with you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.just let me know what i can do . i`ll give you the support i can. Like i said i dont know the whole situation being new an all.But from talking to you on this Forum you seem like you just want to have fun like me. keep me posted. stop on in if you see the k5 at my house.

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the support guys. The UCP ride is a fund raiser that Donna and I started in 2002. It is for United Cerebral Palsy of South Central Pa. All the money we have raised has stayed local and bennifits kids programs. My son Matt has CP and that is where the idea came from. Boss that is a very good idea. Keep them comming. Anybody know anything about websites????

13. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I can build us a site with a forum and pic gallery, just need to get a site that supports them.

14. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

Count me in, anything i can do just let me know.........

15. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

Oh, yeah i forgot i have a sign cutter and can make window stickers for the new club if that helps you any..........

16. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

count me in wayne.

17. puck k5

window stickers DROOL /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Sounds like this is going to go well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Let me Know I can help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.For a name How about Mid Atlantic TrailBlazers.

18. puck k5

I forgot i do want in let me know how much dues are

19. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

east coast krawlers sounds good , but i am surprised its not
    taken.

20. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Wayne, just let me know if you need any help. Sorry politics seems to be splitting your club.

As far as name, I would say something with Mid-atlantic rather than east coast. Maybe Mid Atlantic Crawlers and do a nifty MAC tools type logo.