Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATE...electric fans

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, May 31, 2002.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I had a post up a few days ago asking about electric fans. I got a set up installed yesterday and it works great. the best part is that I did it much cheaper than I thought I would.

I got duel fans from a '94 camaro (V8) for $45. they came with the shroud/mounting piece and the wires.
    I was able to find a electric fan controller for $20 at pep boys. the kit included the temp probe, relay, wires and very good instructions (really quite simple). the kit will run duel fans and has a separate wire for hooking up a toggle switch or A/C switch.

the fans and shroud are almost a perfect fit to my radiator and I simply mounted them directly to it with mounting straps I got from a radiator shop for $5.

with various wire connectors and everything I am into this about $75 and it works great. the temp here was low 90's yesterday and I had no problems.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Congrats!!
    Good Job too!!