Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update for Sunday's Holy Cross trail run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WhiteWhomper, Jun 20, 2001.

1. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

Update for Sunday\'s Holy Cross trail run

The run has been set for this Sunday for Holy Cross. Anybody planning on attending this trail run will need to be at the Gold Park Forest Service Campground between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. To get there, take 1:70 West/East to exit 171 which is U.S. hwy 24 to Leadville (West of Vail, East of Edwards). You will go past the town of Redcliff and about a mile after passing the Hornsilver Campground you will need to turn right onto Rd. 703. You will need to follow this road for about 7-8 miles and the campground will be on the right. At about nine miles in, is the bottom of the trail for Holy Cross. The campground is plenty big for trailers, etc. I will be planning on arriving at the campground between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Saturday night.

This is one of Colorado's premier hardcore trails, so an early start is desired to make sure that we can all make it up to the top and back down and still get home at a reasonable hour. The Holy Cross Ghost town at the top is a very interesting piece of history, so don't miss out. If anybody needs any further information, please do not hesitate to e-mail me with your phone number and I'll be glad to help.

( kenbaumgartner@haselden.com )

I hope to see alot of us there.

PS, If you need gas, you should fill up in Vail or Edwards as the gas station in Redcliff is not always open at the time you may need it to be.

2. Deblaze

Deblaze Registered Member

Re: Update for Sunday\'s Holy Cross trail run

Hey I would love to go but my truck isn't quite up to it YET... If you email people to let them know about future trips I would love to be added to your list. I live in the Denver area and am always looking for local events. Tbird1274@juno.com

3. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I'm still looking for more people to attend the run. I believe that I have about 6-8 vehicles commited and I would like to get more.

4. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I would love to go ,but i wil be rolling with some stock "jeepers" I guess Ill have to settle with Spring creek, but if you decide to make another run this summer please post it
    and count me in!!!!!

"Jeep Thing,? Ya i ran over one!"

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You're getting up too early for me! [​IMG] I'd have to leave the house by 6 am or so to get there in time. [​IMG] Weekends are the only time I get to sleep! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'm in

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

7. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

see you at 8am.

8. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Hey Ken i'm leaving the springs about 12:00.Think i will be there sometime around 2 i think.Should i get some more camp sites payed for just in case it's busy or is it not usually crowded?