Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help Please? Save my dogs!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Blazer, May 24, 2003.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well it appears that they have only gotten a slight case of it. Vet says probably due to the fact that they had all there shots already. So as of right now I believe theyare gonna make it ok, its still a wait and see situtation but they are back to eating and drinking on there own and playful as can be again. I will have to keep them quarinteened from other dogs for the next month or so as long as everything goes good. Thank you for all your support and for those who have purchased some things from me it has helped me pay my vet bills

Well I wouldnt be doing this if I wasnt in a hard spot . Another ck5 member thought I should give this a try. I have 3 8 month old hounds that mean everything in the world to me they are my babys. Today I recieved the devistating blow that they all have parvo /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and need to be treated imeadiatley or there chance of survival is not good. I tried to work out payments with the vet but she wont. The total will be close to $1500.00 She will give me 1 month to make payment. But I am unemployed due to my own medical reasons and do not have the money. If anyone could help me out with donations or buying parts from me to help fund this it would be greatly appreciated. Please check out my post in the forsale forum http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=partsforsale&Number=756823&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 If you would like to make donations my paypal account is chvyragtop@aol.com Again thanks for anything you may be able to help out with.

Here are my babys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: Help Please? Save my dogs!!

Hey I've got to save my soul somehow /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I know you guys like dogs, c'mon! Buy it now and sell it later /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

$20 your way man

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> First thing is to try another vet, lots of vets will do payment plans. Next thing is to get a credit card to use, credit cards suck but to save the pups it's worth it. Next paycheck I'll talk to the wife and see what I can do to help you out. </font>

4. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

thanks guys.. if I had a credit card to use.. I would not hesitate one second..... I appreciate it guys.

5. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Hey man, try to find a mission, If they can be associated with a particular breed, they will usually help, or call a friends of animals organization. Hate to say it, I'm talkin about PETA, or the like.
    Gorrilla
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

What all do you need to treat them. My Dad OWNS a Veterinarian hospital. I am sure what ever you need I can get at a hell of a lot cheaper (Vet meds are marked up pretty good). I will ask him in the morning what he can do. Later
    -fLeXy K20

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Ummm..yeah, like my pets are sick too and the doc here says they need steroids /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Can I get a discount on those too
    j/k

8. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Flexy thanks. I have them on meds right now. But the vet says there best chance of survival is if they are in the vet hooked to IVs and injected with fluids to keep them from dehydrating. There is really no cure for parvo its just a matter of keeping fluids and food in the dog until parvo runs its course and pray that they make it through ok. Thanks for your thoughts though.

9. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Had they not had their vaccinations?

10. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

BrianDamage yes they had them all right on schedule vet say that, that is probably the only reason they are still alive becuase they do have some immunity to it but not enough.. It took me bu quite a surprise when she said they had parvo. That thought had never crossed my mind when I took them...

11. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Where in mich are you? MSU will treat them and take payments but you have to pay for 1/2 of the expected cost up front. I'd find another vet.

12. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Im in gladwin. I will have to check into that and see what they say.. Thanks for the info....

13. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

There number is (517)353-5420, You should be able to reach someone at this # 24-7

14. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

15. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

something to think about:

My wife's son brought a dog over on Thanksgiving he got from the pound. Well, it got real sick and had to be put down = parvo. Needless to say I was PISSED /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif that he brought an unvaccinated dog straight from the pound (got it the day before) and put it in my backyard where MY dog could be exposed to it.

Looked on the internet and found that since that virus lives in the ground, it is recommended to spray a 50/50 solution of chlorine bleach and water on the yard. It may or may not keep the next dog from getting parvo, but it is alot better than doing nothing. I actually mixed it a little bit stronger, and sprayed my entire backyard. It didn't harm the grass, btw. I also kept form letting my dog out back for a couple of days so he wouldn't get that stuff all over his feet.

16. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have been spraying everything with bleach...... including there pens.. bowls.. etc... and will continue to do so for a while.

17. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Glad to hear your dogs are doing better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.