Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update!! I just caught a guy breaking in my Blazer!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nonesuch, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Woah! Man that was exciting! Long story so bear with me... I was sitting in the bedroom on the PC when my wife came in the room and said, "Justin somebody is breaking in your Blazer!" I didnt believe here so I said your Lying and she said "no i am serious!" I ran outside down 3 flights of stairs in (about 6 steps!!) all the while I saw this guy in the back seat putting tools in the front to take! This was all happening extreamly fast! I got to the bottom of the stairs where my truck was parked and opened the passenger door (where my wife said she saw him get in) and screamed what the F#$K are you doing. The guys exact words as he tried to push the door and me out of the way to get out where " I'm sorry man!" As he started to climb out the passenger door I slammed it with all my strength right on his arm! At that point he was stuck in the truck but headed for the drivers side where I ran over to and tried to pin him in again. He managed to get out before i got there and he took off!!!! I started chasing him down the hill but I was triping on my feet ( i was wearing only socks) a car was behind me and i waved at the guy who relized what was going on and he started chasing him. The thief finally got away from us by running through the breezeways of my apt. complex!

Shew! that was such an adrenaline rush! I wish I would have caught the guy because there have been a rash of auto break-ins in my complex lately! That poor guy would have hated meeting me! I would have probably been the one going to jail for kiiling the worhtless piece of sh@#!

Anyways thanks for letting me vent!

Justin

Austin, Texas K5'er<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Nonesuch on 02/13/02 09:04 PM.</FONT></P>

2. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Re: I just caught a guy breaking in my Blazer!

Happened to me too man. I had only owned my Blazer for three days and someone tried to steal it. After that I got a Clifford alarm put in, and that thing works great! No one has tried since. There lucky I didnt catch them trying to break in, or they would have met my Glock and his 10 best friends! Good luck, hope it doesnt ever get taken.

AAAhhhh Christ a IFS Blazer, jeez its stock too, does it get any worse??? Could be a ford.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

maybe you broke his arm and he'll have to go to the emergancy room were the cops will take him away if you called them...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

God forbid I ever find someone breaking into my truck. They should consider themselves luck if they lived to take me to court. I am glad you are ok, and the thief didn't get anything.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

DAMM THAT SUCKS
    WELL AT LEAST YOU STOPED THE BASTARD.
    ALSO IN AUSTIN

6. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

good for you...... hope you didnt touch too much!!!!!!! FINGER PRINTS ARE VERY USEFULL!!!!!! If hes ever been arrested the copscan tell on their pc by finger prints. If you did contaminate
    the evidence your not alone someone broke into our house and my ol man touch every door and everyhting else possible. They stole my $400 bike but they left a jug of juice in its place and luckily my dad didnt touch it (cuz he didnt see it) and the cops were able to prove who it was because they got caught somewhere else. Turns out that they broke into 2 other houses that night and stole violins, camcorders and other crap. THIEVES ARE WORTHLESS PIECES OF $H!T!!!! STRAINS ON SOCIETY!!!!! To bad you didnt have remote locks you could have locked his @$$ in!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

7. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

At least he didn't get anything. Somebody broke into mine late sunday or early monday and got my autometer tach!!!! They didn't even botther to unbolt in,just ripped it off the dash.
    Lost my tach, trashed my dashpad and screwed up the lock cylinder and door. Hopefully you will see him around and thump the s*** out of him!!!
    JR

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

8. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

the cops just left and were able to get four good finger prints off the glass! I am going to the parts store tomorrow to fix the slider locks (thats how he got in). That window is extreamly hard to open and i never do because you have to push so hard that i am affraid of breaking the glass! Lucky for me though because the amount of pressure the a$$ munch had to put on it to open it, left an extreamly clear hand print with four fingertips!

He had my makita cordless drill and my sawzall laying in the front seat and when i got downstairs he was reaching in the back to get the other stuff i have in there. I have everything covered with empty boxes so it doesnt look like anything is in the back but whoever he was knew better!

The ironic thing about it all is that when i got home today I parked on the side of my building. A note was on my apt door notifying us of the break-ins lately so i moved my truck to a spot directly in front of my apt.
    Justin

Austin, Texas K5'er<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Nonesuch on 02/13/02 09:15 PM.</FONT></P>

9. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

hey dude good thing you didn't get shot !! my friends dad an nypd detective took 2 bullets from some log lickin duech bag a few year's back and died trying to stop him from stealing his car so let's think befor we run outside in the dark trying to protect our rides and leave our kids orphins??? ps im lucky i live in brooklyn &amp; most car thievs cant start an american made car .

10. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

man...what an a$$hole. if you find out who it is i'll HELP you break his arms!!!

...also in Austin

1986 K5 Blazer
    Stock and changing soon!

11. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

wow!!

do you where the 31st street condominiums are, by speedway and 31st? we caught some bastard sitting in my friend's wrangler disassembling his dash to get the stereo out.... chased his ass down to trudy's by guadalupe with a golf club but his ass was too fast.... adrenaline rush though!!!!

greg

* keep the greasy side down *

12. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

my adrenaline is pumping just from reading your post... man i would be so pissed off.

Im a carpenter and so is my brother. A few years ago all of our tools were in the back of his truck at his apt. complex.. someone stole all our stuff.. turned out to be the freakin paper boy. he had been on a big theiving binge thru-out the neighborhood. cops took care of it, supposedly, but man what we wouldnt have done to get our hands on that sob. theives better hope theres not a baseball bat or steel pipe within reach if i ever catch them stealing my stuff!

mike

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Glad he didn't get anything and I hope they catch him. One word of advice... if you are gonna have a lot of tools in your truck invest in a steel lock box of somesort and bolt it to the floor. Get the best pad lock you can get and you will make it a lot harder to get your tools. Lots of guys use army boxes from an army surplus store.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

14. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

some bastards broke into my friends Tahoe a week ago, this was all infront of his house too, the bastard broke all three passenger windows, stole his stereo and baseball stuff, however didnt steal my sawzall(smart guy). However, they found him, my friend took his tahoe mudding, and it was covered in mud leaving quite obvious fingerprints. But get this, this is how they found the sob. He's one of the local car inspectors, and he inspected my friends tahoe and like three other tahoes, disabling their alarms and wat not at the shop and then breaking into em later that nite. I now carry a loaded 22 under my bed since i sleep right above the cars. I swear if anyone tries to break into my truck, theres a gonna be a 22 bullet going in their leg and into the gas tank of his getaway car(i like explosions)

phill

15. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Tools? I think I would be more pissed that some prick decided that he had the balls to TOUCH my truck! God help the man that I find touching my truck without permission!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"I swear officer - he must have knocked the truck into neutral, and then fell under the tires as the truck rolled down the driveway!" [​IMG] But I have no idea where that pipe burried in the side of his head came from....

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://home.attbi.com/~netwrite>Midwest Caravan</a>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

16. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

well maybe you should learn how to use that .22 first huh? LOL

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

17. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

If I would have had a pistol, I would have shot the guy no problem! Thats one good thing about living in Texas, our laws are pretty flakey!

My tools are very important to me as well as my Blazer! This is not the first time its happend its the third time in just over a year. The first time all my tools were stolen and the second time the guy was caught! this time the guy will be caught if he has a record because we got his prints off the window!
    Justin

Austin, Texas K5'er

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Phill,

You should consider getting a real gun. I would recomend at least a nine mil, but a 45 would be better. If you ever need to use lethal force, heaven forbid, the force should be lethal.

Just my two cents
    Tom

Don't follow me, I won't make it.

20. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

yeah with that 22 youd have to hit them a bunch in the right spot and plus if they are high as a kite it wont really phase them .....

pics page
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292257869&show_all=1&start=1>http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292257869&show_all=1&start=1</a>

always gets me home K10 STEPSIDE