Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***UPDATE MAR 2/3 AZ MARTINEZ CNYN RUN***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therobzilla, Feb 25, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK Guys,

Time has come to better coordinate the camping end of this ride.

1. Both myself and FWP are camping both friday night and saturday. Is anyone else planning on camping on saturday night?? If so please let me know.

2. FWP and I are going to set up a base camp, and leave our stuff set up during the day on saturday, and head back to base camp, and pack up on Sunday morrning, much less to move around and lots less to carry during the day on Saturday. Is everyone OK with this?? Please let me know.

3. Someone said we should camp at the jamboree area from last year, if this is where we are going to camp friday night and saturday, then some one needs to let me know where this spot is. I have only been up to this spot once before, but I have a very detaled GPS map program, and I can find the spot if someone lets me know and we can agree this is the spot we are going to camp at.

4. We need to coordinate what time people that are camping are going to be ariving, so we can make sure everyone gets to the same spot.

5. Confirmations on who is still camping and what nights, and an aproximate time you will be arriving. Don't want to leave anyone stranded. Please post who is still camping, and leave me a PM with your contact numbers, cell, home ect. I will give each of you a call make sure we are still on the same page.

6. Once I know where the spot we are going to call base camp, I will post a downloadable Topo Map that you can print off with the spot located on it. Directions basically.

Thanks Guys, If you have never done this trail, It's awesome. Lot's of cool wheeling. This weekend is going to be a blast.

If you want me to give you a call, leave me a PM with you phone numbers and names

Here is the original post off the board for additional questions
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=334376&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showfl...ollapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=</a>

These are the lists of who is going:

Ok,

Here is the offical headcount.

CAMPING:
    Robzilla
    FWP
    Bluesman
    Jimmyjack
    Greenblazer-AZ
    Norulz
    Baddog
    Marv_Springer

TRAILRIDE ONLY:
    blublaz57
    Haulgas
    Azblazor
    Azblazer
    Crusarius
    Weisel

MAYBE:
    Baddog
    Azblazer
    Smp

Thanks,
    robzilla

&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by therobzilla on 02/25/02 12:02 AM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by therobzilla on 02/25/02 12:04 AM.</FONT></P>

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Count me out again :( truck is still down.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'm Planning on Fri through Sat camping and leaving Sunday morning. I have to work untill 6:00 PM Fri so I'll have to catch up. I'll PM you my Phone Number.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

4. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I should still be in, I'll let ya know for sure tomorrow

1. Friday for sure, Saturday depends on how tired I am, but I have to be at work Sunday @ 4

2. My trailer &amp; tow vehicle will be sitting there too, fine by me...

3. Uh, I can get there, but explaining it is another story.

4. I should be able to be out there around 5ish at the earliest, whatever time work's for y'all we can hook up.

We could meet up somewhere if that will make ya more comfortable for everyone getting out there... I do prefer to get out to the camp in the daylight though.

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm getting too old for camping so, you guys have a ball.

I'm still not sure if I will be able to get the K30 out there or not. I've finished the modified "Springer" rear suspension, and the front BDS lift. I've also modified the fire wall so I think the 42s are clear. However, I still have to finish mounting the 5012s, building a x-member, fix the steering limit bolt twisted off in my front knuckle, and a host of other things. I also have no steering correction yet until I can complete the x-over steering, but I think I can stand one run without it as long as I don't flex the front to a point where it pops the tie rod ends off the drag link. We shall see. I've also got to find some way to "ramp" this thing so I'll know how to mount the shocks (and whether I need limiting straps etc.). As you can see, I have a busy week if I expect to make it. Damn, I really thought I would have plenty of time to get ready for this trip. Sounds like a great trail, I'm going to be ticked if I miss this one too...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

6. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I would like to camp saturday night. I need to meet someone saturday morning though, to show me what turn off the area is at. I liked how we met last time at Sossaman and Southern at the Dimond Shamrock, then went out, but need atleast one person to show me the way. 602-237-4371 (Eli)

No, thats not a dent in my truck's body. I call it my truck's armor.

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Dunno about the trip now guys. I had some stuff come up. Mainly my open diff arrived in the mail today and I gotta shell out some dough to get the locker bought and then I gotta buy off a friend to install it after he's worked all day. Not sure if I want to put my poor old Auburn through that hell again. I'll keep you all posted. If it works out I can get this installed before friday and I have a few bones left I'm in!

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

8. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Hey I'm not sure if I'm gonna wheel(I don't have a front driveshaft at this point).Can I get to the campsite in 2 wheel?

Help!!! I've fallen and I can't get it up!

9. therobzilla

OK,

Here is what I have learned by speaking with Marv.

Head HWY 60 to Florence Junction, once you hit Florence Junction it dead ends into HWY 79, head south on HWY 79 for about 5 miles, you will see a tall white flagpole on the left, this is the turnoff for the trails, make this left turn, this is were the road starts to get to the trails. Head down this road aproximately 3 to 5 miles, it is a very dusty dirt road. We will be camping along this road towards the mountains. I am not exactly sure where, but I'm sure you will see us. If you have gone to the gate, where the trails start, you have missed us. More than likely, we will be closer to the gate area, (farther in of the dirt road), the closer we get to the gate, the less driving we have to do each day, and the less wind, this area is very windy, last time it damn near kept us up all night. I am not sure what the rules are regarding campfires, but we will be bringing some firewood, but not a fire ring.

I am going to try to post a map of the where the camping area is, and once I do, I will post it and you should be able to download it for directions. The camping area is not that far from a small gas station and convenience store. (helps me out, real issues with gas consumption with the blazer and Fuel Injection).

I will try to talk to each of you this week before Friday.

For those of you worried about not finding us for camping and or for the ride on Saturday, don't be, it's easy to find this place, and almost impossile to get lost.

Marv will be meeting a group on Saturday morning if you are only going to wheel on Saturday, I will post this information later. He will be leading the group that is wheeling or meeting on Saturday into the gate area at the beginning of Lower Woodpecker.

Thanks,
    Robzilla

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You're talkig about Cottonwood Canyon (rd.) right? Betwwen Florence Jnctn and Florence. Did you camp past the gate? If so it's a breeze to find. The road even has a sign.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I think i just might say the hell with it and meet all friday sometime and head out with the chalet for some campin action..but my problem is when i get past central ave i get lost....no joke....i'm a west siiiide boyyyy....lol.

azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

12. therobzilla

Doug,

Don't worry, I am going to post a map, the camping spot is simple to get to and easy to drive to. Go for it!!! I will be going out on friday night and can call you.

Rob

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

martinez canyon? as in lake martinez?
    if so count me in. i live like 20 min from mthere. i cant bring my blazer, but i can camp and ride along. i will bring the metro and see how far i can take it.
    Grant

take me drunk, i am home
    www.geocities.com/seventy4blazer/parts4sale.html

14. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

I dunno when but I will be heading out friday night and camping all weekend. all will be well as long as I don;t miss the hockey game on sunday.

I got your Jeep Thing.......HANGIN!!!!!

www.rockmodified.com

15. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Doug, if ya want to follow me out we could arrange that... I could meet ya down at Randy's about 5ish or so I figure if ya want to follow... I'll have to see if anyone else from here needs someone to follow out there Fri eve though, I just don't want to get out there too late.

16. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Head HWY 60 to Florence Junction, once you hit Florence Junction it dead ends into HWY 79,

<hr></blockquote>

saying it "dead ends" could be a little misleading... 60 keeps going, but the turn off to 79 south is close to nothing... just open road, so it's kinda obvious. More or less if you make it to the Texaco that's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, you went about 1/2 mile too far.

17. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Bluesman: no problem... the roads are dirt, but pretty well taken care of.

18. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    see you'll out there.
    FYI Arizona Rock Crawler, and asfwda, are planning a ARC rock crawling event for sunday, and there is talk
    of a Sat. night run.Also they plan to camp at the old Jambereree site.
    Please listen to your CB radio !

19. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

For those of you who won't be camping and wish to meet on Saturday Morning.....

I propose:

Time: Saturday Morning @ 8:30 am
    Where: Texaco Gas station at Florence Jct (meeting of 60 and 79)

We'll give all a few minutes to assemble and prolly leave from there about 9:00 am....

As far as you guys out there camping..... let's meet at Lower Woodpecker about 9:30 am. Rob might have the GPS coordinates for this, but it's in the wash immediately East of the "Ranch" that you go thru. It's also where last year's "Rock Crawling Competition" began. I think there's a "5 mph" speed limit sign right where the wash forks off the road. Anyone correct me on this sign..??

Marv pager 602-302-0878

20. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Not real sure about exactly where the sign is, but anyone camping can follow me there, I know where the trailhead is.