Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATE..My 454 was STOLEN Monday night!!!...FOUND LAST NIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jan 29, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

UPDATE: I got the check from the bank last night /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now...what to spend it on..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I am totally torqued!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I had my 454 sold and I went to my old house (we are selling it, but I still own it) to check on it and some @SSHOLLE had drilled out the side door knob and took it! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They left the stand, but took my engine. I reported it to the police, but the officer didn't even ask what kind of engine, how they got in, or anything! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I swear the next fawker that I catch mesing with ANY of my stuff is gonna get 6 warning shots fired at their head! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

At least they were courteous theives. They put a new door knob back in so the realtor wouldn't get suspicious.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ok, good news bad news. I found my 454 last night. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The bad news is that it was destroyed beyond repair /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Apparently, my bank decided to inspect the home we are selling. The inspector filed a report stating that there was an "abandoned" engine in the garage. So, the bank w/out contacting me decided to dispose of it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifSTUPID FAWKERS!! I called them today and got them to pay for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's not as much as I'd get if I filed a claim on my home owners policy, but it's still more than I have into it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm still pist about it, but at least it's better than getting totally screwed.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Re: My 454 was STOLEN Monday night!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif that is not cool as all. someone knew you had it.

jacob

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That sucks the big one! Thieves suck................. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, the house has been on the market for several months now, and we've had more than 100 people walk through it. SO it could have been anybody. But yes, they knew exactly what they wanted. They KNEW I had it in there, and they were prepared to take it. I hope there are prints on the door knob, or the stand, or something....

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

lets just hope something works out for ya. btw yes i know i'm a texan but great people in this club so thought i'd post.

jacob

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i hate fawking thieves /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif we need to go back to the old days and just hang the fawkers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif there shure has been a lot of this going on lately /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif this happend to you ron and a couple of 4x4's stolen from obh members /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That sucks! Hopefully they catch them. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You have got to be sh!tting me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i fawking hate thieves also...people just need to be shot for crap like this /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

That sucks man.. been there before...

Kinda funny bout the new door handle.. or maybe it''s just me...

Sorry man...

10. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

You need to tell your realtor that you want to fire them, that things are being taken from your house, you might get them to reduce the 3% commission....call them pissed and see what you can get... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That totally blows.! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I would call the realtor and ask for a list of all the people that have been through the house. When someone shows the house they are supposed to record that they showed it. And I know that they know the name, number, and address of every person they showed the house to, so they can keep bugging them to sell them something.

12. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Shane that totaly sucks, I know exactly how ya feel. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I am still waiting for a new door /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I have to go pick up my sister so she can sit here while I am at work.
    No more wimpy bird shot in the shotgun either, the 00 buck 3" mags that are stuffed in it now are going to do more than just sting a little.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good point on the list of peeps taken down by the realestate peeps... Id try to get that and work your way down the list. total suckage that it got snagged. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

That is horrible Shane /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I often wonder how many people would continue to do this crap if we just beat them about the head everytime they stole something.
    [​IMG]

15. speedup

speedup Registered Member

I'm pissed for you. Just recently somebody stole the stereo out of my sister's car. A few weeks later, my mom drove it to work and they broke into the car again, just to find that the stereo was already gone. The doorknob thing reminds me of the time somebody busted out a window in my friend's burb and stole his t-case shifter knob...

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, I think I have a pretty good lead on who took it. I called mY realtor and spoke to her about it. sHE WAS very apologetic and upset over the hwole deal. I can't really get upset with them, I am paying them to show my house, so they are doing their job. I DID find out that a certain couple asked specifically about my 454 while the toured the home last Sunday (Hmmmm..coincidence??? methinks not!!). They even went so far as to talk to my neighbor about it to ask if I was coming back for it. She told all about their conversation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif She can ID them for the cops. Also, they had a realtor let them in so....I'll have records of who it was. My realtor is going to scan the lock box tonight and get the contact info for me. After that, I'll scope them out and if I find that they have my 454, I'll turn them into the cops. The only upside to all of this is that I found out my home owners insurance will cover the theft for fair market value less $250 deductible. It still pisses me off though /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'll have a hard time NOT confronting them myself with the ole 9mm and a wicked grin! If I find them, I WILL press charges and make them hate life. Screw me?? Nah..SCREW YOU MUTHER FAWKER!!!

17. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Seems to me that this 454 must have been pretty well built /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and probably had the best of everything in it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Probably was the good 4 bolt block, rectanagle port heads, 'vette allum. intake, high $$$ Holley carb, fuel pump, full roller engine and such. You know the kind, the $5000 plus engine that most people might have in a garage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    At least from an insurance point of view /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

umm ya im sure shane has reciepts for the roller camshaft..and the holley 1150 dominator carb also /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...im just betting alot of reciepts can be found around a place like this /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif....but i would never even think of doing such a thing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i was thinking the same thing....... ;P

20. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya na dsince me and 55 willy work at parts stores we could NEVER find those kind of recipts /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif