Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on Crown King trail...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Nov 19, 2005.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, it's been years since I ran that trail, but it's gotten to be pretty difficult by the standards of "that kind of trail". At least it now somewhat deserves it's "difficult" rating in some of the books. Probably due to the rains last Spring, but it's severely rutted in many places, significant parts of the trail washed away in others, with exposed boulders and all sorts of rough stuff, and that's on the bypasses! :eek1: In fact, I would say that the bypasses in many cases were worse than the "hard lines" were last time. Last time I was up there, you could pretty much make it easily with a stock 4x4 by taking the bypasses, and run 99% of the trail in 2WD, not so any more...

In any case, it was a good time and beautiful views as always, well worth the trip. And the new incarnation of the K5 performed almost flawlessly on the "hard lines" without even breaking a sweat. Over all, a great day…

2. FWP

FWP CRS

So... You're not a webwheeler anymore :D ;)

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, time to get back to some of the real thing. Now that the K5 is finally in sorta wheelable shape I have options on scenic trails, and when my newly built tranny goes in the buggy, I'll have access to the tougher trails again. :D

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Fred your gonna be in Parker this week right?

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Yep, leavin Wed Morning. Parker is a fun trip, enjoy it every year.