Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on moving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well the house we put an offer on, we lost it. Another offer was out on it, and since our offer only works if we sell our house, we decided to let the other people get it.
    So we are on the look again...

Went to an open house today...alright house, needs a lot of work in the basement (more than my mom would like) but the shop...AHHH 36x36...and really high ceiling...the guy that owns it must drive nascar...he had his car up on a 2 post lift and tools all around...HUGE inside there. But the car looked like it was going to fall off... weird. But we wouldn't get the house, out of our price range.

So we are still looking.

Anyways... just thought I'd let you guys know....

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I THINK I ASKED BEFOR BUT WHY ARE YOU MOVEING?

mom need to be closer to work/? less space or something, your place seems nice, i am in the markit but your a little far:crazy:

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Isn't it frustrating when you can't find exactly what you want, even in a saturated market?

Kim and I have basically given up on finding a rental income property in Cranbrook. The market went up by 30% last year, and to be honest, most of the real estate available is now overpriced. In fact, most of BC and Alberta are going to experience a downward pricing trend in the next 24 months because

A- the market has climbed(and therefore grown) too fast and

B- demand is going to drop due to climbing interest rates and lack of qualified buyers(most potential buyers have already bought with low rates/0% down).

Right now we've changed our focus to finding an undervalued piece of waterfront property. We're going out to Castlegar/Nelson next weekend to look at a few parcels of land. When the market corrects we'll continue with our rental plans.

Anyhow, good luck. I hope you and your mom find what you want!!!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dave,
    we're moving because we can't keep up with all the work that needs to be done around our house. From the pool maintenance, to landscaping. Too much, especially when my mom works a lot, and I do most of it myself.

Paul,
    As I was typing this I remembered talking to you when you and Kim were looking for a house in Cranbrook.
    We can't find what we want is exactly right...I want a double garage (especially with all my dads tools) and we want at least 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, and a yard for the dog...a lot of the houses that are decent are $$$ and we want to downsize, not pay more. We want to move soon, so we can't exactly wait for the prices to change :crazy:
    Where abouts around Nelson and Castlegar? Been through there a few times, but I won't know exactly where...want to take pictures while your down there?

I want to live on waterfront property when I move out, as long as the market isn't too out of tame. My uncle down in the Vancouver Island area sold his water front property a couple years ago for around $200,000+ ...and it didn't have electricty, water, or sewage :confused:

Good luck to you too Brother!