Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on moving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 12, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We get posession on the 24th of June. That night we have movers moving all our heavy stuff over.
    We;ll probably end up doing the rest.
    Not sure what to do with the blazer body/frame if I don't sell it by then. Trailer I guess???
    Measured the shop garage door. 7'__" wide, by...6'4" high! So with the stock jimmy, I will have to let the air out of the 32's to fit in! So I don't think getting a lift is in the plans anytime soon. If I put on really tiny tires, and had, say 5" of lift. Would it fit? Or depends on the tire size? I need donut tires :crazy: And the Jimmy is approx. 14' long. So I will have room for a 2.5' bench. then a walkway around it.
    Although I don't know if it's 20x20 measuring from the outside, or inside.
    Need to think of a heater that takes up minimal space for the winter.
    We need to move all our stuff by the july 15th at noon.
    But we leave on the 13th for holidays...
    I hope we have enough time to move everything. I have exams for the next 2 weeks. And I haven't packed anything from my current shop yet.
    Great :crazy:

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Well get it together and get a move on (literally) :grin:
    I'm sure you'll get things figured out when you get there.
    Good luck.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks Dave. I'm sure we'll be fine. Theres just those "If 's" that get me worried...

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Not to worry...

I would worry more about getting all your stuff there first!...any obstacles you encounter can be dealt with after your settled in for a while...like the garage door-- :hack: :hack: :whistle: and any other things you need to modify to your specs..you might end up adding on to the garage,or even building a bigger new one someday!...(maybe another carport in your future?). :crazy:

As for heat,they make some nice infra-red stip heaters that mount on the ceiling much like flouresent lights,that run on propane or natural gas...my friend put one in his shop last winter--it works great,and does not use much fuel--his ran all winter on one 100 lb bottle of propane--about 50 bucks worth!...I'm tempted to get one myself--I could get back a lot of space in my shop the wood stove and its stovepipes waste--and safer too..(if I get to stay here much longer that is! :frown1: )..

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I was thinking about picking up a woodstove. I have one in this shop right now, and it heats it up real cosy. But I don't think it would be good for the amount of room it takes up.
    I will look into those propane ones you are talking about. if they are that cheap to run it will be worth it!!

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

have you put some pic of the new place yet?i may have missed them.

too bad i could not have bought you old place i liked the look of it.

yeah the catalitc heater, that run off propane are nice, but if the garage/shop is not too big, then you could get away with a couple of halogin (sp) flood lights.

I have two in my un insulated garage, and they hea it up pritty good, i have one where my work bench is and one near the door, works good, and a bonus for the good work light, and will give you a tan!!

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Nope, haven't gotten any pictures yet. Camera was dead when I went down there last.

LOL you liked the looks of this house we sold? I liked it too. Just needed a lot of work...